HybridZ

RB S30 Shiter Boot

wrcbonk

Wanted to write this up quick before I lost the motivation. Needed to come up with a shift boot for my RB transmission that would seal adequately and fit the new trans in my S30. I decided to order the shift boot from an 84-84 Z31 VG. Wanted new rubber so I forked out and ordered it from MSA. To keep the boot in place I needed a plate. I was able to get a plate from a 260z from a friend. I ordered a leather outer from the same place as Rayapp. To get the VG boot over the RB shifter isolator you just need some lube.

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

Drilling the holes was fine except for the front right corner. The PO cut away some of the tunnel putting in a 280z 5 speed tranny. The hole is very close to the edge, I used a smaller diameter sheet metal screw and won't think about it.

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

I am not going to make any more predictions about when I am going to start the car, I'll just post a video.

Bonk

Pat,

It was probably pretty funny to see me sitting at my computer when I realized the mistake. I thought everything was fine then I went to check to see if the post was up I started saying what I didn't mean to write over and over again. I immediately tried to go in an edit the post, but as you may know, you can't edit the Title or Description.

Bill

David,

I believe this is the right link to what I ordered. I would try to make sure with MSA. It took them several weeks if not more than a month to fill the order. They told me it was a special order part. ZT-R was able to use the stock one.

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/SIC02I02/40-6125

Hopefully this works. I have had trouble with these links in the past.

Bonk

ZT-R,

I tried the stock boot, but it ripped when I tried pulling it over the shifter.

Dunno if anyone else uses them but mines fitted fine as it has a 2 piece quick shift lever

No need to force it over the fat part as the top fat half unscrews to leave just a thin stump

Just a thought

Dunno if anyone else uses them but mines fitted fine as it has a 2 piece quick shift lever

No need to force it over the fat part as the top fat half unscrews to leave just a thin stump

Just a thought

Mine is the same way... 2 piece short shifter.

• 1 year later...

I have the oem boot new, mine seems to fit/seal properly with my rb25 trans. Am I missing something?

Sorry to revive an old thread. Zt-r did you mean the Oem rb25 trans boot or the Oem 240z boot? I have neither and the 240z boot is much cheaper so just trying to find a solution.

For reference, the short shifters (mainly the Nismo and ISIS as I have both) are shorter by like 1/2" and the NISMO has an upgraded dampener and the ISIS is solid.

So for a boot it doesnt make a world of difference.

I used the 240SX shifter boot.

redlinegoods.com

for the outer boots and they have the correct boot for the RB in an S30.

Ray