HybridZ

Rota RB-Rs and Suspensions

So for anyone who is using these rims from the group buy, what kind of suspension are you running and do you have any issues with rubbing? I finally got my hands on a set of these but as my cars grounded for the time being, and im half way around the world from it in australia, it makes testing things a smidge tricky. Ive got a set of suspension technique sways and some ZG flares which will be getting installed (i will be cutting as much of the factory fender under them as i can to make as much room as possible), but my concern for the time being is my tokico hp spring/shock set up. Im worried theyre too soft and will allow too much roll/compression resulting in tire rub, even if i cut as much as i can under the flares. Does anyone have a similar set up that can chime in on this? Will this set up be ok or will I need to run stiffer springs to avoid rubbing?

Wheel and tire size?

I have 15x8 +10 offset with a 8mm spacer. 215/45/16 Front and 225/50/16 Rear. I ran 225/50/16 in the rear because of rubbing on the front valance. If you do not have a front valance, but a MSA airdam (or another) it you can fit 225, and it looks a lot better. They ran fine when I had Tokico Illumina Shocks and Tokico Springs.

Now since you have flares, I am assuming you are going bigger... which I can't speak for.

I'm running the 17x9 and 17x9.5 Rotas on my car with coilovers, suspension techniques front 1 1/8" sway bar, and a whole lot of fender cut away. I run 245x45x17 front and 275x40x17 rear tires. No clearance issues with the tires, even if I drop the car another inch (then I just scrape on everything).

What car?

What wheel size?

What wheel width?

What offset?

What tire size?

Did you do a search (because it has been covered)

Seriously useless post to respond unless you provide specific information.

Yasin

I was under the impression there was only one set available through the group buy- The 17x9 -13 / 17x9.5 -19s. Apologies if this was an incorrect assumption and there were multiple sets offered in the Rota RBR group buy I spoke of. The car is a 72 240z, the tires I plan to run would be in the neighborhood of 255s- But im not looking just for "specifics", I wanted to hear from multiple owners about varying set ups and how they worked for them. To answer you and HaaJeHaa, yes, I did of course look through the group by thread, but as the thread is nearing 40 pages and boarding on 1000 posts, it made it rather difficult to find the information I was looking for (Yes- I did a search, through both the forum and the specific thread, but was unable to find it either due to a lack of the information im looking for in specific, or an inability on my part to properly think of what terms to search for to narrow it down. I saw a few people ask questions like mine, but no answers were given).

CamH- What spring rates are you running?

Edited by Sideways

I'm running the 17x9 and 17x9.5 Rotas on my car with coilovers, suspension techniques front 1 1/8" sway bar, and a whole lot of fender cut away. I run 245x45x17 front and 275x40x17 rear tires. No clearance issues with the tires, even if I drop the car another inch (then I just scrape on everything).

Are you running rear camber plates? I am worried about ride quality on my setup when I go to 17" wheels and tires. I have the oem rubber hats on my coilovers. Ride height is good, but my suspension is lacking it seems. I have 250pound spring in the rear. I know if i raise the car up some it gets alot better but I dont want it to look like a 4x4.

Are you running rear camber plates? I am worried about ride quality on my setup when I go to 17" wheels and tires. I have the oem rubber hats on my coilovers. Ride height is good, but my suspension is lacking it seems. I have 250pound spring in the rear. I know if i raise the car up some it gets alot better but I dont want it to look like a 4x4.

I run front bolt in camber plates, no camber plates in the rear. I believe my springs are 225 F and 200 R. I run Tokico Illuminas on 4 setting front, 3 setting rear. Ride is quite harsh but the handling is very confident.

Edited by CamH

• 1 month later...

Thats about as low as i can go without flares.If i cut and flare with the zgs i can drop about another 2 inches i think.it sits a bit high now but its def drivable.Its rubs in the rear sometimes if im being rediculious on speed bumps or turning wildly.the fronts rub on curbs for driveways but its really drivable.im guessing ill have to stiffin up a good bit to lower it and flare it.-13 offset front -19 rear.Running a 255 40 17 front and a 275 40 17 rear.Rota RBRs.

Edited by tightywhitey185