HybridZ

350 SBC build parts list for your approval

Logan, what type of lifters are you gonna run? If your budget allows, go ahead and get the vortecs set up for screw- in studs and guide plates. That'll make your life easier latter on.

cam: 225-235 @ .050 and you won't need any more than .510-.520 lift at the valve. I'll try to get the spec for the cam that we have in the engine on the dyno this weekend. Go for at least a Performer RPM (air gaps are taller I think). You can get the Professional Products intake, just be prepared to do some clean up porting on it. The Edelbrocks have a MUCH nicer casting.

Logan, what type of lifters are you gonna run? If your budget allows, go ahead and get the vortecs set up for screw- in studs and guide plates. That'll make your life easier latter on.

cam: 225-235 @ .050 and you won't need any more than .510-.520 lift at the valve. I'll try to get the spec for the cam that we have in the engine on the dyno this weekend. Go for at least a Performer RPM (air gaps are taller I think). You can get the Professional Products intake, just be prepared to do some clean up porting on it. The Edelbrocks have a MUCH nicer casting.

kool cant wait to see the cam spec for your SBC. I'll look into the screw in studs and guide plates for the Vortec heads. I'm not sure as to what intake to use right now as i would like to be able to close the hood without crushing the airfilter.

my 2 cents 400 sbc marine cam 276m dual plane 750 carb enough to run my z to 7.2 eighth and very streetable. I have the same combo as youre building with a t5. 15 mpg runs like hell . by the way Im not familiar with 411 200 r I have a 3.9 for sale it came from a turbo z. I ran 400 block 5.7 rods flat top pistons. 76 cc chambers in heads . Im using dart 200 cc. Im selling my engine too I built a 427 sbc with afrs and 650 lift bullet racing cam with tremec 5 speed Im hoping it goes 6s or 5s even we will see. :rolleyes: