HybridZ

Looking for a torque plate to use - anyone?

inline6

Time to hone the cylinders... Anyone have a nice torque plate they are willing to part with for a couple of weeks?

Looking for a nice quality one for 88 mm bore on the L motor. Rental is fine. Please let me know - shop is in VA.

Thanks.

An RB torque plate will also work. It doesn't need to be the exact bore you planning on honing the engine to. In fact most all of them are 91mm for obvious reasons. McKinney has one they will rent. My machinist has been working on mine for months now. I'll give him a call to see if he can finish it up.

An RB torque plate will also work. It doesn't need to be the exact bore you planning on honing the engine to. In fact most all of them are 91mm for obvious reasons. McKinney has one they will rent. My machinist has been working on mine for months now. I'll give him a call to see if he can finish it up.

Hey Pete, let me know what your machinist says... or point me in the direction of McKinney (how to contact), and I'll check that out. Probably looking at doing final hone in the next couple of weeks or so. Thanks much! :D

Wait a second, you are telling me that an RB26 cylinder head bolt holes line up with an L6, and the cylinder bores also line up? Now I realize difficulties here with water jackets and such but.... Doesn't this mean you could technically bolt an RB head onto an L6 block?

Do a search on your question about the RB head. Sharing some bolt locations is a long way from have a cylinder head that would work. This has all been covered. Think cams. If you want to discuss this more, I would recommend pm or a new thread.

Wait a second, you are telling me that an RB26 cylinder head bolt holes line up with an L6, and the cylinder bores also line up? Now I realize difficulties here with water jackets and such but.... Doesn't this mean you could technically bolt an RB head onto an L6 block?

This has been discussed many times.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Pete, any update?

I talked to him yesterday. I'm calling it his Bridgeport cup holder at this point. He is working on it in his spare time. He said June.... :)

Call Mckinney Motorsports, they have an RB plate that I used on my build. $50 rental plus shipping.

Nope - Sunbelt's is now in possession of my friend John Williams in Buford. I'll talk to him about seeing if he'll loan it out. Seeing him tomorrow for other business. You're in Canton - you could just drive over and pickup/dropoff. OR - Sunbelt's ex-motor builder (Jeff Hanken) is in his own shop right next door to John's shop (and Balanced Performance) that he could probably do it there at his shop. I bet John would be more likely to loan it out if it's just going to the shop next door.....FWIW....

Nope - Sunbelt's is now in possession of my friend John Williams in Buford. I'll talk to him about seeing if he'll loan it out. Seeing him tomorrow for other business. You're in Canton - you could just drive over and pickup/dropoff. OR - Sunbelt's ex-motor builder (Jeff Hanken) is in his own shop right next door to John's shop (and Balanced Performance) that he could probably do it there at his shop. I bet John would be more likely to loan it out if it's just going to the shop next door.....FWIW....

Thanks... Motor is in VA, as I just moved here recently. Do mention it (loaning it out). It would be shipped to VA and returned promptly. A deposit is fine...

Garrett

Edited by inline6

I got mine from my machinist, but for some reason he made it from steel instead of aluminum (he is a bit old school, Lincoln V12 old school that is). It is 3" thick, so it is heavy. The shipping costs may be too high to make it worth it. I would want a $400 deposit, $50 for the rental, and you pay shipping both ways.

Garrett - I spoke with him yesterday - he's not too keen on letting it out of his sight. I'll ask him about a deposit though and see if he's willing to part with it for a little while. How long do you anticipate having it?

Tim

The block has already been bored... The equipment to hone is readily available. My engine builder says a week max. $400 deposit (you or Pete) is fine... What is this one made of? Over 70 lbs. incurs extra UPS charges, and at some point, cost inevitably will get too high.

Thanks Tim, and Pete.