HybridZ

what tires are you guys running for 15x10?

Iv started looking for tires for my 15x10's

So far all Iv found is drag radials and nearly slicks comp tires.

What are you guys running for street tires?

Also, they have a 4in back space on them, I know theyl fit on my ZX but I cant recall if thats with or without coilovers.

Edited by skib

225/50 are the norm, I have 205/55 on my 15x10 because I got a set cheap. they have too much stretch for my liking but not as stupid looking as you'd imagine. Im going to get be getting a pair of 225/50's over the winter hopefully.

16's have a lot better choices but I believe BFG makes the t/a radial in a 275/60/15 not too bad a bit tall on the sidewall though.

I ran these and with perfect BS on the rims you will need flares and !/4 adjustment for them not to rub... Or the back of your car jacked up so high it looks like a old school camaro.

If you shoot me a PM reminder i will see if i can hunt down some pics of what teh car looked like with these tires adn a set of WATTS.

Also may be able to find it in one of my build threads in the rb section. The pics are almost 12 years old.

Edited by stony

I didn't see your specific combo, but a lot of stretch pics are in this library at tyrestretch.com

I'm not sure how significant the wheel diameter is when comparing tires (ie. 225/50/15 vs 225/50/17) if the width is the same. It would follow that the sidewall height (and resulting deflection) would be the same, but with a larger total diameter on a larger wheel, yes?

Here's the tallest 225 I saw on a 10" wide wheel (225/45/17):

10_225_45_R17_SAVA_2_595.jpg

10_225_45_R17_SAVA_595.jpg

10_225_45_R17_NANKANG_NS2_595.jpg

Edited by cockerstar

I'm not sure how significant the wheel diameter is when comparing tires (ie. 225/50/15 vs 225/50/17) if the width is the same. It would follow that the sidewall height (and resulting deflection) would be the same, but with a larger total diameter on a larger wheel, yes?

I would think so :huh:

some stretch on that but not horrible.

10_225_45_R17_SAVA_2_595.jpg

not into the whole hellaflush thing at all :rolleyes: wide tires are for more rubber.

but the 225s arnt to bad

Im going to be running these 15x10s

1205111317.jpg

1203111322.jpg

Edited by skib

You could call them comp, but they are DOT. Hoosier makes a 275-35ZR15. OK, they are comp...

Not a great selection in 15". There used to be tons of tires available in 225-50R15. Now there are only one or two street tires available in that size.