HybridZ

Megan coilover ride height

Hey guys im looking as to find out how to lower my ride height on my 240z . I've used the megan coilover adapter and threaded them all the way down although the ride height isn't where i want it to be. Anyone who has done this setup let me in on some tips.

If you installed correctly it should not be difficult. Thread the shock body up and down to raise and lower the ride height, thread the lower spring perch up and down to change the spring preload. Make sure to roll the car back and forth a bit, after each adjustment for the suspension to settle and allow you to take an accurate height measurement. This is all not particularly difficult but may be time consuming. It will take a few tries to get the ride height on each corner exactly where you want it.

Not sure what the issue can be honestly. I know crazyocto used them to slam the hell out of his ride and mine is pretty low with room to go lower. Only thing I can think of maybe Megan sent you s14s which are taller?

Maybe that could be the issue..the thing is the coilover kit says it could be used for s13/s14?

Maybe that could be the issue..the thing is the coilover kit says it could be used for s13/s14?

That's why I was asking if the height issue was just rear end related. The front coilovers don't look like they vary much but the rears are much different.

MeganRacing_B070228_1.jpg

s13

megannissans14.jpg

s14

As you can see the cartridge is much longer.

All you really need is replacement cartridges for s13. Megan sells them $100 a piece and you Could prolly get the s14s sold on zilvia pretty easily.

Do you have a picture of what your rear looks like? How much does the threaded cartridge stick out when screwed in?

Yesterday i went out and lowered each corner to see how far they would go in and thats as far as it went until it hit the end of the adapter tube.

Maybe you're only threading that bottom one down. The top 2 have to come down more. Try some penetrating lube (WD40, PB Blaster, etc.) and see if it will go any farther.