HybridZ

Has anyone used the stock rb25det intercooler?

S30rb25

My only input to this is if your looking to cut cost by using the stock rb25 intercooler then why do the swap. The money spent on a FMIC setup is just a drop in the bucket compared to all the other stuff to do it right....Besides the rb25 intercooler looks like an oil cooler.

The fmic is cheap compared to what everything else has cost me, it was just an idea i had, and I know my dad would rather have me try and use that then buy a different one. What size front mount would you all recommend, I plan on staying with the stock power for a lil bit, then a few mods and up the power to 350-400

Man do what you can afford. If your going to run stock boost or 2-3 lbs over the stock intercooler will work just fine. I have run 2 different sizes 24x12x3 and 31x12x4 which is a over kill lol. Both cost me less than 150.00 shipped off ebay from "Just Intercoolers"

Both were very good looking intercoolers and built nice. The 24x12x3 fit easier the 31x12x4 took a bit of fabbing to make it fit.

Do what you can afford.Going broke doing a FUN project sucks.

With 300-400whp goals down the line you might as well get it done right the first time. The cost of an intercooler really isn't that much to warrant skimping out on it. You would probably spend more money on complex piping with the smic then you would running a fmic setup with an ebay intercooler.

I will proabably get slammed for this but oh well. i used a simliar one to this and it has supported 700WHP!!

Yes it may not be AS efficient as a 1500.00 intercooler. and it may be a tad heavier but you cant beat it for 150 bux. I cut the ends on and had really tight 90s welded on to point right at the holes in the core support. fits pefiect. I didnt use this exact vendor so you need to look around but i think they are all pretty much the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-30-5x12x4-Turbo-FMIC-Aluminum-Front-Mount-Intercooler-3-0-Inch-/200690978216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eba1d4da8

$(KGrHqF,!iUE6O-cSjWyBOng+z2K)!~~60_12.JPG

I will proabably get slammed for this but oh well. i used a simliar one to this and it has supported 700WHP!!

Yes it may not be AS efficient as a 1500.00 intercooler. and it may be a tad heavier but you cant beat it for 150 bux. I cut the ends on and had really tight 90s welded on to point right at the holes in the core support. fits pefiect. I didnt use this exact vendor so you need to look around but i think they are all pretty much the same.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-30-5x12x4-Turbo-FMIC-Aluminum-Front-Mount-Intercooler-3-0-Inch-/200690978216?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2eba1d4da8

$(KGrHqF,!iUE6O-cSjWyBOng+z2K)!~~60_12.JPG

Dont know why you would get slammed for that?

I can personally stand behind these cheap internet intercoolers. The China intercoolers being pedaled by cxracing, fastwayracer(EMUSA and all their affiliates), and OBX-R(and probably more) will work just fine. With one of the medium sized intercoolers and one of the larger GTR(R33/R34) style intercoolers Im seeing average 10* drops across the intercooler on the dyno which is great considering the value. The last one I bought cost me $130 and Ive seen them go for $80 or less on ebay. You just have a look around. I have had several stock RB25 and RB20 intercoolers and there is no practical way of mounting and plumbing them without hacking an S30 up significantly in the front. Just make sure that what ever intercooler you get to check for temperature drop across the tanks/core and in multiple spots. I was very suprised to find that much drop across these cheap ones.

Ray