HybridZ

How valuable is my low VIN # Z?

texis30O

I have # 806, all of the original paperwork, plates, and logs from the car. The paint is... well a 20 footer. It does not have the drivetrain, but has been swapped with a Turbo Tom kit, different tranny, aftermarket wheels and has suspension mods. It is a low mileage car being only 88xxx miles.

I know KBB gives the value at about 12k. I know "it is worth what the market will pay for it" scenario buy any ideas. I am putting it back to era correct specs for when it was altered and put away.

You could let it sit on ebay and maybe a collector will want it. Or you could do a quick sale and get rid of it fast. If you are patient enough you could probably get 10k on ebay.

For the record I would never be that stupid to pay for a Z. 5k would be my limit for a decent running Z that's all one color.

With all the mods its just another 240Z. Unless you have the original engine and trans, its still just another 240Z. Build dates in 1969 are really the only early 240Zs that are worth a bit more. Out here in CA it would be a $5k to $7.5K car.

Like John said it is just another 240z.

For it to be worth anything, you need all the period correct parts and original engine. I had #1905 which got sold to a member here...2/70 car, had lots of early Z parts on it unique to the 69 built cars and in non running condition I was offered $6k. You know what I did? Start to make a street car out of it! :P Enjoy your Z! Build it and drive it hard. :D

I bought #1905, and my reasoning had very little to do with the vin. I bought it because it was a rust free car in the northeast with a crack free dash.

Yep, unless it happens to be a 100% original car, there isn't much additional value for the low vin. Build it the way you want it.