HybridZ

Z32 TT into 280Z?

Hi guys. New to the forums. Wondering if anyone has tried (knows anything about) slapping a JDM Z32 TT into a 280z? Did some searching, came up with nothing; but maybe my verbiage is wrong. I love the straight 6 and I'm sure it'll last me a while, but a man has to have dreams, right?

Thanks guys. Did a search and found a few people that had some success, but G.I.Jonas's swap brought to light a lot of the complications you get into with the tight fit/mounts/steering. I think since I'm still learning; the L28et straight swap seems like the best way to start and learn at an affordable price tag. I've read that I can pretty easily get to 300hp with a few intercooler/turbo/fuel system tweaks, and still have sustainable reliability. Does anyone know the type of gas milage a 280z with the L28et setup at 300hp would get? My stock mpg has to be around 15 (or lower), I just want some extra umph on the low end that I can still use as a daily. Anyway, thanks again.

Edited by Garrett

May carburetted blow-through setup returned 17mpg daily driving through carbon canyon from corona to Brea for work.

EFI re Ali rated bumped HP by about 25 horses and gave my partial throttle fuel economic

Y a bump to the high 20's, and with steady state driving a best if 32mpg! The ability to richen boost tip in and run lean as he'll off boost is just something you won't get on the Carbs!

That said, my blowthrough gave comparable mileage as the SUs that were on there for SMOG Checking.

Carbs or Blowthrough, on track days the mileage was more like 5mpg. Use the power, no free rides.

I was over 300 though. Probably 20-25% more.