HybridZ

What brackets can I remove in the engine bay?

Have you seen this thread? Lots of good ideas on what can be done under the hood.

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/73648-show-off-your-engine-bay-pics-wanted-l-series/

There's also at least one thread here somewhere about "how to achieve the clean look in the engine compartment", but I can't seem to locate it at the moment. You should be able to find it through Search.

Good luck with the swap.

The reason for such little info on it, is because it can be variable from build to build. The AFM bracket can definitely go. Throttle bracket can be removed too if you decide to use a cable coming straight out of the firewall.

I'm in the middle of smoothing out the entire engine bay in my car before a LS1 build. I've changed my fusible links to large maxi fuses and moved them inside the car. I've also moving any and all relays inside the car as well. I've removed all the brackets in the engine bay. It really all depends on if you can reuse a bracket for a different purpose or not. I was using the coolant overflow bracket as a mount for my fan relay, but I removed that and am moving the relay somewhere else.

You can achieve a fairly clean look without removing most of brackets too.