HybridZ

MS2 injector connection question

macambra

I just wanted to clarify in my own mind, while installing my MS2, wouldn't it be better to sequence the two injector connections(inj1,inj2) between 1,5,3 and 6,2,4 instead of what the megamanual specifies(inj1-1,2,3 and inj2-4,5,6)? It seems that you would have slightly better results at idle to 2000 rpm. I searched and researched for this topic but came up empty-handed.

I think that has been posted here recently but here it is again -

It's from this thread over on classiczcars.com -http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?44015-Cutaway-Engine/page2

Running on 1,2 and 3. Limping home might actually be pretty smooth with one driver out, with the front and back halves split.

Isn't the L6 design in general split between 1,2,3 and 4,5,6? Daul carb intake manifolds, and exhaust manifolds for both carb and EFI.

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious if anyone has ever had a single bank go out (fuse, IGBT, etc) and limp home in that mode. I mean it sounds like a good idea but has it ever saved anyone's bacon? Just idol curiosity. You could do the exact same thing by disconnecting a single bank and putting the fuse back in - you have a 50/50 chance of getting it right if not put in a second fuse and you would be able to limp home anyhow....