HybridZ

S30 hid with halos

Jasonmreiss

Sorry if this is common knowledge. I read about 30 pages of stuff on this topic and have a headache now lol. I'm after the modern hid look, with halos. Flame if ya want, I like em :)

The thread I read, multiple threads actually, said there were some made that are plug n play, with halos available. It was an old thread so I searched google, but they only listed non working halos. Like the zstore ones. Anyone know where I can find them?

1. "plug n play" so it's a direct bolt in ready for my 280z

2. "modern style" not the classic style

3. "with halos" working ones

Google has plenty of results for hid's, but I couldnt find any with those three requirements together. I think the guy who was selling them is Bens1088, I shot him a message.

Ahh, I thought you had gotten some 7" Led headlights such as THESE.

I'd really like to see something like this on a Z <_<

$500+ for those and the light output isn't that impressive. I attached a PDF with some info. There is a better LED kit option out there but it's all pretty pricey.

leds_update.pdf

Edited by bens1088

• 2 weeks later...

What about the dapper lighting kit? I'm planning on going with their hid kit. They make one that looks like a typical modern hid. I do not know if the halos work or not, but they make great lights. These lights are the ones I'm talking about. They also make one that looks similar to a stock headlight, which is what I will be using. You can also look for miata headlights as they are 7" as well.

Edited by luseboy

H4 is simply the designation given to the bulb to identify the size/connection type, and if it’s a dual or mono output bulb (H4s are dual, meaning the high and low beam comes from the same bulb).

HID, Xenon and Halogen are all different but are easy to find in H4. HERE is a good primer to better understand the differences. Any H4 bulb should work with any H4 compatable housing, however there are plenty of arguments against using HID in a non-projector style housing. Seeing as how you've ordered a kit with a projector housing, any style bulb is a viable option. :2thumbs: