HybridZ

Looking for pictures of custom tie-rods

• 1 month later...

Anyone selling custom tie-rods? I'm actually looking for longer tie-rods. Brought my car for alignment, but the person said im still toeing in eventhough the tie-rods are at its max length. My car has the AZC track package w/ the custom steering knuckles. I believe its the steering knuckles are causing me to have problems since they are shorter in length. I've been in contact with Dave from AZC, but it has been a slow process. So if anyone has some custom tie rods or ideas, that would be great.

I don't think the shorter steering knuckle is the problem because the relocated tapered hole is only a short distance closer to the pivot point, and it's along a radius. You may want to do an extensive search for a thread extendor adaptor, or shock absorber shaft extender, with the correct thread, which is, I believe, 14mm-1.5, like the one in the picture. I tried for a while but couldn't find any.

Mike Mileski

Tucson, AZ

post-116-030668200 1334172965_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies. Helix I may have to look into those tie rod ends.

Quick update: Dave from AZC got back to me and sent me a new set of steering knuckles. He states that these knuckles have a different angle to them so it may solve the problem. So im going to get it installed and see if that fixes the alignment issues. But before that, I want to change out the tie rod ends. Dave told me certain manufactures who make the s30 tie rods ends seem to be longer. Any idea which one? Or which tie rod manufacture you guys prefer? I might as well put new tie rods now with the steering knuckles. Thanks guys

I know some guys here will cringe but what I have done for about the past 15 years is to straighten the stock tie rods in my press to get rid of the bend. It gives a little more length. I have only used nissan tie rods and they have survived many track days and MANY offs.

Tie rods form courtsey nissan will be about 150-160 a set to you door. When the z car customs parts are compared to the nissan parts, it aint that bad. When compared to the $25 rock auto price, they do look expensive but so do the nissan parts.

When you did that did you heat them up?

I know some guys here will cringe but what I have done for about the past 15 years is to straighten the stock tie rods in my press to get rid of the bend. It gives a little more length. I have only used nissan tie rods and they have survived many track days and MANY offs.

Edited by egzlilgituarboy9