HybridZ

Launch Pic...

After a 1.5 year break from racing I decided to take her out on Saturday. People were swearing I was getting air under the front driver tire, but I doubt it. She ran a 11.9@115 mph (1.75 60ft), but a bad plug/wire caused a miss under WOT after the 1-2. I replaced all 8 plugs and wires (used when I installed them almost 3 years ago) with Bosch TR55's and MSD 8.5mm wires but who knows when I'll race again.

Anyway, here is she is....

post-778-080995700 1333069503_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cable

I thought you were trying to sell that at one point?

Yeah, I was thinking about it over a year ago. Not now.

Quite a bit of lift on front end, have you done anything to the front shocks and springs?

Everyone asks that and shocked when I tell them its exactly the way it came from Japan in April of 1975. The rear has all bushings replaced with poly-urethane and a OBX/Torsen LSD in a 280zx R200.

Wow. Looks great. Is that the turbo motor you been talkin about? I think about all the help you've been ever time I fire up my car. I have a harness modifier I am happy with if you ever need one again. I hope to have lots of similar pics and vids as soon as my diff and exhaust are done. Way to go.

Do you have any Dyno numbers cable? Also, what is it stalling up to on launch? Car weight?

Never felt the need to spend money on a a dyno run that wouldn't change a thing except maybe bragging rights (which carries little interest). I'd guess in the 350 whp range.

Not sure on the flash of the converter, I still have to review my data log and I'll know then.

The car weighs about 2750 lbs (full interior, including A/C) without me.

Is that "hook" on street tires? If other than that listed in your credits, what tires are they? Axles?

Oh no, those are Hoosier 255/50/16 Drag Radials on another pair of the exact same of the Sportmax 002's I have street tires on.

Regular tires go up in smoke with less than half that much power put to them.

I am running stock 280z axles with the original u-joints, although they are past the power level where they are known to break. Auto are much easier on them vs manual cars which is why they are prob still alive (for the moment). I have a pair of 300zx turbo axles to install if I ever buy the billet companion flanges from MMS to make them work.

Edited by Cable