HybridZ

r200 to r180 swap

garretthes

I'm doing the opposite of what most people do. I have a whining r200 and a spare r180 so the 180 is going in the car. It's a 79. I'm having a hard time with the bolt that the diff mounts to. The diff needs to slide about an inch forward. The mounting bolt looks like it could slide forward but I have no idea how.

The photo shows the mounting bolt from the car with the r180.

post-13485-006086800 1335051751_thumb.jpg

Looks like the assembly with the threaded stud comes out the top, is rotated and then dropped back in. Is there access to the top of it from inside the car? Or do those two bolts on what looks like an access plate come out and give you room to push it up and rotate it?

Edited by NewZed

Looks like the assembly with the threaded stud comes out the top, is rotated and then dropped back in. Is there access to the top of it from inside the car? Or do those two bolts on what looks like an access plate come out and give you room to push it up and rotate it?

HA! You win the prize! I totally forgot about this. I was wondering what this was. See photo.

post-13485-017415200 1335067111_thumb.jpg