HybridZ

WTB: 240Z Rear Hatch Strut Bracket

ryan95i4

I need the bracket which is attached to the car to which the rear hatch strut normally bolts onto.

I believe this bracket may have originally been welded to the chassis, but im not sure.

Heres a pic i found online of the bracket in question:

post-28096-003529300 1336579188_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

That is it. It has 2 spot welds to hold it on. I have a 72 240z which only has one strut on the hatch. Before I had my car painted, I had a second one put on the other side just to make the hatch stay up better. Well, after 10 years, my old painter's low-quality spot welds broke. I drilled it out and re-installed it with 2 pop rivets-I dabbed a little caulk into the holes in the pop rivets. 4 years later, it is still working.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the part from Litman (THANK YOU)...had it welded in.  Bonus was that the shop attached the strut for me without asking (bonus of being a girl I guess).  However he attached the strut directly to the welded-on bracket (not to the 2nd part of the bracket that bolts to the welded piece) ... it works fine enough although the strut seems a little strained on the strut ball pin on the hatch itself.  Anyone else have it like this?  

• 6 years later...