HybridZ

Dyno numbers

We went to the Muffler shop in Columbia today to have the car dynoed, Chris and Brian Tuten have been the Best. Chris started by writing a program for the car, and then we started doing pulls. The first pull with like 2 lbs of boost we made 412 hp, we then went to 5 lbs and made 517 hp, so we then tried 10 lbs and it made 633 hp Yee Ha !!!! We then went to 15 lbs and made 762 hp, but wait we took a vote and decided to turn the wick up a little more to 20 lbs and made wopping 847 hp , and I am on cloud nine. All these numbers are on a chassis dyno at the rear tires.I want to give a shout out to my brother and Best friend John for helping me get to this point. We will be taking it to the track in the next couple of weeks, John will be posting some more pictures and maybe the video of the pulls.

Edited by jnjdragracing

Here are some photo's of the front of car put back together and also the dyno sheets. I will be posting the video footage on youtube this weekend. I wanted Jerry to go up to 30psi boost, but he settled at 20 psi. Off to the track we go. It was so cool, did not have to pull a single wrench. All done with the laptop which was cool.

post-1226-037921500 1337429693_thumb.jpg

post-1226-043991000 1337429721_thumb.jpg

post-1226-037257500 1337429741_thumb.jpg

post-1226-012726400 1337429761_thumb.jpg

John

Edited by jnjdragracing

Hell yeah... Wow... I'm so jealous... I hope to be starting on a boosted 5.3 here before long. Have almost everything I need piled up already. Gonna do a big single on fac rear and see how far I can push it. Miss seeing you guys at SEZ...

Great to hear from you, have you talked to Rip lately?I talked with him about a year ago. I still have the turbos he gave me,and I was going to use them but the build kept evolving. So I have the two Holset turbos and I bought rebuild kits for them if you know any body needing them. Good luck with your build. Jerry

Edited by jnjdragracing

Car looks fantastic....as do the power numbers. Looking forward to seeing videos of the beast.

Thanks Turbo Meister, John should be posting videos of the dyno pulls tonight, and we will be posting videos when we take to the track in a couple of weeks.Boost is a wonderful thing.Jerry