HybridZ

rt260 - LSx Powered

• Administrators

Ron, I may have missed it but you sold the car with the M3 motor and bought it back, but what happened to the M3 motor? Also, looks like you went with the aluminum block after all?

I kept the M3 motor for a while, but recently sold it to my son-in-law for his 240z.

The aluminum block is only for mock up purposes. Being aluminum and gutted it's a lot easier to horse around than a fully assembled iron block.

• Administrators

Thanks guy's. I would consider making a small run of motor mounts if there was some interest. They work well with the TKO, but I'm not certain how they would work out with a T56. I have a T56 bell floating around the shop, so I could give that a look, but without a complete trans, fitment would be purely guesswork.

Thanks guy's. I would consider making a small run of motor mounts if there was some interest. They work well with the TKO, but I'm not certain how they would work out with a T56. I have a T56 bell floating around the shop, so I could give that a look, but without a complete trans, fitment would be purely guesswork.

Very interested, especially with t56 bellhousing clearance. I'm also curious about 4l60e clearance, but would be willing to take a chance on that. I would be interested in 3 sets if you do a run.

• Administrators

BrianV8Z was kind enough to offer his new Magnum T56 for test fitting. It's slightly different than a production T56 (rated for 700ft/lbs!), but very similar dimensionally. I'm out of town for the next three day's and I've got a busy weekend planned, but I'll make a dry run as soon as I get a chance.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Been working a lot lately. Out of town, weekends, long hours, etc. Not much has been accomplished. Night shift is failing miserably. The only thing I seem to fit in is ordering parts. So, here’s the next batch…

rt260Parts8-9-12.png

The aluminum driveshaft was built by Driveline Service of Portland. I have had a number of shafts built by them and they’ve always been a pleasure to work with.

The remainder was ordered from Improved Racing. I really need to put a plug in for them. This is the first time I’ve ordered from Improved and I mistakenly missed the free shipping on orders this size. That evening I received an email from the President, informing me that the free shipping option should have been available to me. Cliff notes – On their own accord, they refunded my shipping costs and asked me to do some testing to make sure there were no problems with the site. The effort extended made it clear that they value customer satisfaction, and understand the importance it carries. I suspect they’ll be around a long time.

I was invited to co-drive the Locost at Packwood this Sunday, so the Wife and I have carved that one into the calendar. And it’s looking like I’ll escape work Saturday as well, so I will attempt to poke the Magnum T56 into the car to see how things land.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I looked into using a T56 with these mounts. It would require more tunnel work than most people would probably want to deal with. JCI’s engine placement looks to be more realistic for use with a T56.

• 9 months later...

Subscribed, and it's like christmas seeing Ron with a S30 again.  :2thumbs:

And I have to say I'm jealous in many ways, but in the biggest way is the header clearance. That's better clearance than my L28ET in my S30!

But I am sad I didn't see this a year ago. How's the progress been, or are you suffering from project A.D.D.?

Me too , on the motor mounts and brackets , look great . Might have to redo mine , but using C5 mounts . Noticed that you have a lot more driver side header clearance than mine . Any update ?

• Administrators

How's the progress been, or are you suffering from project A.D.D.?

I have, in fact, allowed myself to stray to other projects, but this one is still on the agenda. I’ve collected nearly every part I need to complete the project - just need to spend the time. I’m hoping to have it running this fall.

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators

Today is a good day. I have not found time for rt260 for more than a year and I didn't see that changing in the foreseeable future. I felt that it was time for a new owner to breath some life into this Z.

I have passed this car on to good friend Tube80z and I'm looking very forward to seeing his plans unfold!