HybridZ

15/16 ZX Master Cylinder Check Valves F & R

Did the Toyota 4x4 front brake upgrade.

Have Maxima discs in the rear.

In looking at the manual for the ZX Master, it shows that there are check valves on both the Rear and Front systems.

I know to remove the REAR Check Valve but what about the FRONT one?

Remove it or leave it alone?

Thanks

ritrebor

• 2 months later...

I'm running a zx 15/16 master with toyota 4 piston brakes in the front and 240sx disks in the back. I installed the master the way i got it without removing the check valve and I have a nice firm pedal. You do however need to adjust the rod in the brake booster when bolting up the zx master.

I'm running a zx 15/16 master with toyota 4 piston brakes in the front and 240sx disks in the back. I installed the master the way i got it without removing the check valve and I have a nice firm pedal. You do however need to adjust the rod in the brake booster when bolting up the zx master.

I have the same set up. I installed the 280ZX MC with the check valves in-place and had firm brakes until the MC failed. After the 280ZX failed, I installed the Wilwood 1 inch MC without the check valves and my brakes have been soft with a long pedal. Two of the Wilwood MCs leaked right out of the box. I am going to try installing the check valves in the Wilwood MC to see if it helps.

• 2 weeks later...