HybridZ

15x9 without flares?

Hey guys Ive been searching around and cant seem to find a good answer for this. I want to run 15x9 with either a -10 or 0 offset with 225/45/15s and im going to be using the T3 coilovers and camber plates. Will this setiup fit without flares? How much will I need to roll the fender? Im starting to dig the no flare look on a lowered Z so thats why I ask. Thanks!

It will fit without flares though you will have to apply some negative camber. There are a few people that have fit 15x10 with some stretch and serious negative camber. 225 wide tires should be fine, though im not speaking from experience. Check the Rota Shokatan threads, a lot of people are running 15x9 with either -, 0, or + offset. I have a set of Rota's 15x9 with a -15offset, though i dont have them mounted nor will i have them mounted in the near future. Yuo can also use this,

http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Its a wheel fitment calculator. I have a idea that my wheels will fit with out flares, in theory, and the calculator does not account for stretching of the tires just reduces the wheel size. I also use the Rota RBR's as kind of a reference, cause they are 9.5, again you have to see what offset they are running. Or do a little bit of a search

Took me a couple mins and i found 15x9 0 offset running 195/50 but you can easily fit a 205/50...

http://forums.hybridz.org/index.php/topic/101433-rota-shakotans-anyone-running-them/

I have AZC coilovers and run a 17 x 8 with a 235 wide tire. No scrub, no issues. Im in the same boat. I like the Rota RKR or RBR and want 8.5wide with a dish but am unsure if they will fit also...sorry to hijack your thread

FWIW, I have 225/50ZR16s on my car, without coil overs and fit within the wheel wells. I did have to add 5mm spacers to the rear wheels to keep the old tires from rubbing on the spring perch, I haven't checked if I need them with the new tires yet (they've been on for about a month too, lol).

Stock turbo Z31 wheels, so whatever size those are.

298013_10150783265125051_651865050_20572720_2046690_n.jpg

So will the 225 tuck under the fender? Or will I have to roll the fenders?

To play it safe you would want to go with the 0 offset. I remember reading that the -10 and -15 Shakotans do not look any different than the zero offset version. In other words they are not deeper at the center and do not have a bigger lip, not sure why someone posted that they look much better. They achieve their lower offset with a thicker backing when they go through the machining process, not unlike a built in spacer. My recommendation for someone running this wheel (using stock fenders and stock or coilover suspension) would be the following:

Front 15x8 zero offset with 205/55/15 tires

Rear 15x9 zero offset with 225/50/15 tires

The above would retain the same height front and rear, tuck under the fenders nicely and in my opinion look very sharp because the tire stretch would be very minimal. The 15x8 Shakotans are also very nice looking, the 15x7s look weird to me.

Hopefully this information helps you, let us know what you decide.

Cool thanks for the info. Im actually leaning more towards 205s all around now because I like the stretched look, not too much stretch but just a little and then with the -10 offset it would tuck under the fenders better with coilovers. Does this sound about right?

Cool thanks for the info. Im actually leaning more towards 205s all around now because I like the stretched look, not too much stretch but just a little and then with the -10 offset it would tuck under the fenders better with coilovers. Does this sound about right?

It would work using a 205 tire. However, I would be careful with the front. Unless you intend to roll your fenders, the -10 offset may come out too far causing the tire to rub with the fender when going over bumps. You may want to stay with the 15x9 zero offset for the front and 15x9 -10 offset for the rear.

I have been looking in to this for a while as well and wondering if 15x9 +0 up front running the 205/50/15 would work without modification and for the rears the 15x9 -10 with a 225/50/15. Coilovers will be on in the future but wondering if they would fit on stock suspension for the time being with those tire sizes.

I have been looking in to this for a while as well and wondering if 15x9 +0 up front running the 205/50/15 would work without modification and for the rears the 15x9 -10 with a 225/50/15. Coilovers will be on in the future but wondering if they would fit on stock suspension for the time being with those tire sizes.

Well I have had a 215/60/14 on a 14x7 +10 wheel in the front of my 280 which according to the tire calculator is the same distance to the stock suspension as 235/50/15's are on 15x9 zero offset wheels. So yes it should work, especially if you plan to use skinny a$$ tires like 205's LOL.