HybridZ

Fender Exit Exhaust Drive-by

B. Whisky

Thanks. As for the fumes, alls good there. The exhaust came about in part because the stock one leaked at the end of the elbow, and i got alota fumes into the cabin then, so i butchered a muffler that was laying around the shop , one of those transverse mounted ones with two tips, and built this one using the stock turbo/elbow flange. Put two bungs in it so i could add a wideband, and thats all she wrote. I was then able to dial in the afr's to where i wanted. No more fumes in the car, and the trans tunnel doesn't get half as hot.

Yessir they're by far the easiest things to find around our shop. Now if i could just find that 12mm...

I've been coming to the conclusion that I need a muffler. Maybe it's because I haven't spent much time driving it (~40 miles since the rebuild, ~10 using this exhaust), but I could do without some of the harsher tones, especially in the low end. Pulling off from red lights, stop signs, etc. I live in the part of philly you could go without visiting, ever, hence noise isn't an issue, but I foresee it becoming mentally straining somewhat making daily rounds in this, as is the intended use.

Now for copious searching...

Edited by B. Whisky

• 4 weeks later...

Update; finally got her registered last night, took her home on the interstate. Mmmm... boosting is so nice.

In my search for a suitable muffler i came across this:

http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Exhaust/Heartthrob-Glasspack-Muffler

Ordered a 15" long muffler body in 2.5" diameter last night. I think it should do the trick.