HybridZ

Looks like Michelle is selling her GTO replica

SpeedRacer

Hey Michelle,

I can not believe you are really selling your 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO replica after all the time and money you have put in that awesome car. I noticed this list out on eBay today http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/?cmd=ViewItem&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649&item=280913367388&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT so I guess its true - and its a no reserve auction!!!!

Speed

His add says it has a reserve, If the winning bid is 5 grand over his reserve price. He will replace the back window and replace the a/c compressor. If the Auction is a No- Reserve one, Maybe you should contact him to make sure he didn't make a mistake. :)

Edited by dexter72

His add says it has a reserve, If the winning bid is 5 grand over his reserve price. He will replace the back window and replace the a/c compressor. If the Auction is a No- Reserve one, Maybe you should contact him to make sure he didn't make a mistake. :)

He's a she. ;) (The owner is behind the ropes in the second picture.)

And, as you can see by the incredible car she built, doesn't make mistakes.

I'm waiting for her next creation. Wish I had the loot to buy this one.

She does not have a reserve:

Q: Michelle Lonnecker, PLEASE: Is the current $11.2K bid over your reserve? Thank You; That is the most lovely & proper tributes I've seen. I'm not looking for the attention, & I hate Red, STILL I find myself struggling to resist bidding on your GTO. You may well see my bid yet... {would you hate me if I brought it back to CA, & painted it another color?)... So Tempted! Thanks again. Ken 58yrsOld & young again... Jul-03-12

A: Thanks for your note and kind words. I intended on having a reserve, however it didn't shop up when I submitted the auction. There has been enough interest in the car that I'm simply crossing my fingers and hoping this works out. That said regardless what the final sale price is I'll be happy to work with the winner to address any concerns. I wouldn't hate it in another color. I had actually considered blue like #3387 or Black.. I understand "young again" I tell everyone who will listen I'm "immature for my age" We only live once, might as well take a chance and enjoy the time we get. Michelle

The attention to detail time and quality of this car is amazing I have spent many many hours reading and rereading about it. I absolutely love it. So wish I could afford it, Maybe if I sell the house and live in a storage shed with it.....lol

• 3 weeks later...

She likely ended the auction and canceled all the bids...I remember it being mid 20k when I checked it awhile back

I was watching the auction with like 20 minutes to go and it was somewhere between 32k-36k from what I remember. Then all of sudden it was at the $200 bid and the auction had ended.

• 4 months later...

hi guys.. i guess i haven't really been online much.. i had two alleged qualified buyers asking me to kill it so they could come see the car with both offering decent money (around 80k) so i killed it and then neither guy ever showed up.. i've been doing more work and toying with re listing it.. don't really want to sell but it would solve a lot of issues..

Sorry for being absent so long.. life has been in the way and projects have been piling up..

Thanks for all the positive words about the car.. it's been a labor of love now around 10 years :)

Edited by chelle

Well, it's sad that they both flaked, but I honestly believe your car is worth that kind of price. If it were to go to a place like barrett-jackson I'm sure it could pull in at least 60k+. It's probably one of the best GTO replicas built.

I wish you and your car the best. It (and you and your work) have been an inspiration to many of us.

• 1 month later...

Thanks  :)   I REALLY need to check in here more. 

We're working on another Z based GTO now.. it started as an Alpha1 but currently it's disassembled and we're grafting in a 350Z front suspension. I'm trying to decide how extreme we will go with this one as I still want to do another from the ground up with Ferrari power.. I suppose I should start posting some pics of that one