HybridZ

280Z downpipe

8DC

Looking at getting a custom exhaust built for my 280z, and I noticed this:

post-28233-038972500 1341499030_thumb.jpg

Are the stock downpipes that pinched or is this someone's cobble-job? :blink:

...where can I get a good non-restrictive downpipe that will attach to the stock manifold? Or do I need to get the muffler shop to custom fab one?

Yeah that's a stock flange. I believe the ZX's had a different flange that actually looked better, I just cut it off right at the merge and had my exhaust shop make a full 2.5" system from that.

My muffler shot did have that type of flange on stock, I don't know why. So they could have made a complete custom system.

Edited by BluDestiny

...but you have to order their exhaust along with it. :P

Yeah, I don't think I want to do that. lol

I'm actually looking at having an exhaust system made with a 1in-2out Magnaflow muffler turned sideways for vertically stacked twin tips (copying something I saw on another site). Maybe I'll need to talk to the muffler shop about having this pipe made. Some of the 240z pics I have seen have the two pipes merge much further from the manifold... I'm hoping they can fab up something like that.

Would you happen to have the part # on an invoice, receipt or something? Or do I just call up MSA and ask for a 280z exhaust y-pipe (or whatever they are actually called)?