HybridZ

clutch slave cylinder gone mystery trans

corey_49

The other day i was driving the car hard and out of no where the car revved up very fast but the car did not accelerate. I drop the gas pedal and slowly reapply the gas. Right as i get into the power the car does it again revved up but did not move any faster. When i get it home i look under the car and see the clutch slave cylinder is leaking fluid when i press the clutch.

1) Is the clutch slave cylinder my only problem or do i need a new clutch too?

2) How do i identify the 5 speed in the car to match the new clutch slave cylinder or is this a generic part

Thanks

You need to include make and model of the car plus any modifications done to the engine and drive train if you want members to respond in a meaningfull way.

Without more information it sounds like your clutch is slipping and you have a leaking slave cylinder. The usual fix is to replace the faulty parts if diagnosis so directs.

2) How do i identify the 5 speed in the car to match the new clutch slave cylinder or is this a generic part

Thanks

After the early 240Z (adjustable rod) the slave cylinders are the same for the L engine transmissions. They might even be the same cylinder, but with a different rod for the early ones.

Looks like you have two problems, at least.

Edited by NewZed