HybridZ

Name these Recaro Seats!

Jarvo2

Can anyone help me identify Recaro seats? I just pulled them out of my 240z and the previous owner included a set of new upholstery as well.

post-29873-027813100 1341949235_thumb.jpg

post-29873-006630200 1341949244_thumb.jpg

Edited by RB26powered74zcar
For Sale posts must be in classified section.

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Any idea what these seats would be valued at in their current condition (including upholstery kit)? They include the optional rails that fit perfectly on the factory seat mounts of my 240z.

Edited by RB26powered74zcar

Thanks for the quick reply guys! Any idea what these seats would be valued at in their current condition (including upholstery kit)? They include the optional rails that fit perfectly on the factory seat mounts of my 240z. I'd really like to sell them as I'm going for a classic look in my 240z, but I'm sure shipping will be a ton as they weigh about 45lbs each!

They seem to be popular among the drift/flush/JDM crowd. Can't say what they would be worth, but you should look around in that direction to see who else would be interested and give you an approximate worth. They look like they are in rough shape though...

• 1 year later...

Those look like LS-Bs to me, although it's hard to differentiate from LS-Cs without better puctures. I've been looking for a pair of those for some time now, pretty scarce around here. I plan on reupholstering to match my interior, but I would have a hard time getting rid of that rocking orange gradient!

For future reference, when trying to ID older Recaros, this is a good source:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-911-technical-forum/622150-recaro-information-restoration.html

Recaro made so many OE and aftermarket seats, that it really muddies up the waters.

Those shown in the first post could go as far back as 1979 Volkswagen, ford capri, various bmws and porsches, as well as alfas.

I've seen a very similar seat named the recaro LS but the seat bottom bolsters are of the smaller type used by the LX while the seat back has LS type bolsters.

Other names are "idealseat" which is early and "trophy" for that style but that comes later.

Used to be an importer of recaro seats in the mid-80s working at electrodyne and recaro seat identification is not easy.

couple of threads that will help.

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/general-porsche-discussions-forum/619604-recaro-resource-guide.html

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=118644

As far as brackets to fit an early Z car, know that you have to use the right hand seat brackets on the left seat and vice versa if you are using recaro brackets to fit them to the car.

Here is a resource for brackets which may eliminate the need to swap the brackets as you have to do with recaro.

http://wedgebrackets.com/seat-brackets-home/

Edited by HowlerMonkey

I've seen a very similar seat named the recaro LS but the seat bottom bolsters are of the smaller type used by the LX while the seat back has LS type bolsters.

No bottoms are specific to, or have the name 'LX'. LX is the designator for the back design, bottom is pretty clearly a C or B (depends on wither its got the extendable front or not).

002RECARO-1.jpg

yeah.....been a while so foggy memory and was probably applying the later recaro KRX vs KRS nomenclature to earlier seats where the catalogs didn't mention the seat bottoms shapes separate from the models.............you just got a krs which meant big bolsters or the krx which had small bolsters.

We had a whole showroom full of recaros and flofits but I really liked the one they called "the orthopedic" and sold a lot of them to people who had bought a brand new Honda accord or acura in the mid to late 80s and found they caused back pain on long trips.

I'm pretty sure I've seen those exact seats in a MKI golf GTI but with net headrests but they may also have come in the BMW 320I from the late 1970s/early 1980s.

Edited by HowlerMonkey