HybridZ

Newest NJ LS swap

Hey Everyone! Dave here aka LS2SC. Many thanks to my good friend Joe for all his help ,knowledge and slavedriving approach in helping to get my Car where it is. As you all know, it takes a lot of planing,ordering and spending along with the wrenching and Im pretty pumped with the results. All the time and money spent on the fuel cell will be worth it for the room it has made for the exhaust. Nice people at American Racing Headers so Im hoping their 2 weeks will be just that. Once the exhaust is done, it'll go straight to the tuner and brough home for a day or 2 to finish up the last few things on the list that was PAGES long 8 weeks ago. Lastly alignment and corner balance, finish the sound system, and for the winter.....some proper Air Conditioning. This car will be driven and I wont be sweating my nuts off doing it.Incidently the power steering addition is absolutely worth every dime. Please save the silly manly comments.. :) as I have no strength issues, it just makes the car that much more fun and thats what this is all about for me.This is my first car build in 15 years and its been a lot of fun. My primary affliction is bike building and restoration with 2 dozen or so under my belt. I'll post the Dyno charts as soon as it's run. Sould be North of 500 with some luck.I have a bunch of LS2 stuff off the doner package if anyone need something let me know. Even though I realize this is the Hybid forun..I also have the original motor and trans/rear ect from this 1 owner 73 Z. OK...thats enough typing!

post-27977-042726500 1349495142_thumb.jpg

post-27977-074690000 1349495179_thumb.jpg

post-27977-038292200 1349495267_thumb.jpg

post-27977-078084100 1349495355_thumb.jpg

Edited by 37centerdave

I take back every bad thing I've ever said about yankees. AMAZING. What should we budget for the super charger (including all the things not included in the kit and all the little mods you had to do to make it work)? Love the Datsun emblems in the coil covers. Beautiful car. Is your shop custom building headers for you? Please give us as many build details as you can!

Looks like you've already upgraded to the 8 rib belt set-up. Maggies don't like a 6 rib My car made 552 RWHP with LS6 TVS 1900 custom ground boost cam. Your car should be a blast to drive.

Edited by shupee

Agh.... that picture of you unloading the car off the uhaul trailer makes me nervous. I've seen that go south before...... I always leave it hooked to the truck.

Looks like you spent some coin for sure. Hope it does what you want!

Rags, where did you find your bumpers on your 280? I am looking for tight bumpers for my 260z LS1 T56 car. I am debating on a fuel cell. I have already done brake upgrades and have a R200 and shafts ready to install. Engine and tranny should arrive next week. I will run it stock for awhile since my donor had 40k miles and was well maintained.

Is yours the 1900 or 2300?

Dan, It's a 2300. if you decide to upgrade, let me know. I'd be interested in the 112.

Rags, where did you find your bumpers on your 280? I am looking for tight bumpers for my 260z LS1 T56 car.

Mark, stock 70-72 240 bumper on the back of the 280 with mounts from one of the vendors here. An early 260 front bumper on the 280 front using stock shock absorber mounts.

On the rear of the 260, I used a center section of an early 260 rear bumper mated to 240 end pieces. Used the stock shock absorber mounts but drilled and collapsed them. On the front I used a 70-72 front bumper and 70-72 mounts.

Joe

Edited by rags

Agh.... that picture of you unloading the car off the uhaul trailer makes me nervous. I've seen that go south before...... I always leave it hooked to the truck.

Looks like you spent some coin for sure. Hope it does what you want!

No engine or trans in the car at the time,but your right. The truck of course was attached before the weight transfer.Coulda been a "wheelie' bad thing.I think it'll be fun