HybridZ

Help i really want one

Hello all im completely new to z cars and i really am interested in them. So here is what i want to do. I really would like to find a 240z that is fully capable of running with minimal motor or trans or rear end work, basically something with a straight body full interior not necessarily in good shape but in a serviceable condition. basically i would like a car that isnt rusted out and minimal amount of mechanical work to get it on the road so i can work on it and drive it can you all help me find something down here in the south i would be greatly appreciative

thanks all

Matt

I got mine from Craigslist. You could try eBay, but they tend to be overpriced.

Also, try to find a CA or AZ car. Mine was in Jersey, but it was out of AZ just a year or two prior, so very little rust. If you try Craigslist for southern CA or AZ you might be able to find one and have it shipped.

Of course there's also the want-ads part of this site (and other Z enthusiast sites) that you could keep an eye on or post a "wanted" ad. Can't hurt. A little patience will go a long way. Good luck!

My link

ClassicZCarClub is another popular Z car forum. It has a decent classified section.

To beat a dead horse, rust-free is the most important thing to look for if you're planning to keep the car long-term and/or restore or build the car.

If you're just looking for something fun to run around in, any car will work. My first Z was a '72 rust-bucket that looked good and ran great....I drove the hell out of it for one summer and then sold it for roughly what I paid for it.

Good luck.

Specifically why 240z? All the S30's are very similar with only small changes. Most of the Z's you'll find are rusted in some way, very very few are pristine. People mentioned CA or AZ. Well NM and TX also have a lot of rust free cars if you're pretty far from the coast. Just look on Craigslist. I got my nearly rustfree 78' 280z for $400 here in Albuquerque. It might take a while to find one, but they are out there. There are many people here on the site, myself included in another state, that will go check out a car for you. A lot of us know what to look for, but if we say it's okay, then likely it is, but since you wouldn't be looking at it in person, it's up to you to pull the trigger. There's 100 threads on here about what to look for, and where to find rust so we're not going into that.