HybridZ

Hei conversion

calvin280zxt

So im coverting my 82 280zxt to hei because it has no spark. Im a bit confused where i need to hook up the power transistor condensor looking thing if someone knows of a diagram that includes that thing eould be awsmome or a picture of where the stock setup went like i should have taken first. I was following a diagram on the swap guide on zcar i think but it seems incomplete like i have extra wires

It might actually be a condenser (capacitor). Why don't you post a picture or copy a page from the FSM here so that people know what you're talking about. After "power transistor condensor looking thing" in the first post, it's hard to tell what you're looking at.

post-13108-029520700 1346371242_thumb.jpg

1: mystery wire that used to go to coil negative (not power or ground)

2: ecu signal wire (according to hei converion diagram over on zcar i think)

3: ECU ground (hei conversion diagram) which doesnt make sense as it has 12v with key on

post-13108-052241000 1346371656_thumb.jpg

mystery condensor thing. connects to 12v with one wire and grounds to botton of dizzy with other

post-13108-044351700 1346372062_thumb.jpg

ground wire

it all started with my car just not having spark. parked at work ran awesome. 8 hrs later no spark, power to coil injectors fireing so crank angle is working. coil specs out ok so idk what to do

Edited by calvin280zxt

The blue mystery wire might be for your tach. Have you looked at the wiring diagram to see where the blue wire from coil (-) goes?

The thing that looks like a condenser is a condenser.

Did you ground the HEI module through the mounting holes? That has to be done for it to work right.

skittle is usually pretty helpful over on zcar. Have you posted over there?

By the way, your pictures are huge. Downsizing them would help.

I've read that the HEI modules tend to break if you forget to ground through the mounting holes. The electronics are sensitive to that. If yours wasn't grounded it may already be toast. Good luck with it, don't forget to check your grounds with a meter.

• 2 months later...