HybridZ

In car PC?

devil280Z

I was just curious if anyone has seen a in car PC in 240,260 or 280z? I have seen them in other cars and love they way they work. Work with the engine management system, see and erase SES and CEL codes, play music and movies, use connection with phone to surf internet/stream music. Maybe has anyone even seen a double din settup in a s130 that looks good. What do you guys think?

I am aware that there is no stock engine management system, but most people on here are running MS. I believe an in car PC would work well with that, and probably set it up to show what ever your dont have a guage for (ie. water temp). It would also work as a head unit and add a ton of character to the car IMO.

www.mo-co-so.com

I have a TView (T92VGA)9.2" touch screen going into my 280Z with the center vents and heater controls removed it almost perfectly fits the void, I'll have to move the heater controls down some possibly to where the stock radio used to be. It's not as plug & play as a newer car but I think it could be beneficial. I had a Pioneer AVIC-D1 in my old Hyundai Tiburon and I miss the navigation, rearview camera, Sirius/XM radio, etc...

Centrafuse seems to be the "standard" as far as front end software/navigation is concerned.

If it's something you like look into doing it, it can get pricey quick though. Granted I bought all new parts and pieces and you could possibly do it cheaper with used stuff but I'll be a hair over $1,000 into it when I'm done.

With the evolution and abundance of tablets out there a windows based tablet PC "dock" might be easier.

I experimented with a wireless broadband card I had with Sprint awhile back (3G speeds) and it allowed me to stream NCAA/NFL/MLB games at 80+ mph on an Acer Aspire 7720-6569 with no problems aside from a few random "hiccups" which I'm thinking may have been when it switched me from tower to tower and the second tower took a split second longer to connect.

I really like the idea of it, it's more of a "cool" or "wow" factor than much else unless like has been previously stated you're running MS or something of that nature. I'm going to be running my triple 40DCOE's so it won't be too useful for that, unless I wire in some sensors or something along those lines. Good luck with it, and if you need help message me or get a hold of Chris (Owner of Mobile Computing Solutions) He's been super helpful along the way.

His Startup/Shutdown controllers are really what I like for an incar PC.

Cheap android tablet is what i suggest. You can find Android tablets with 7 inch screen bluetooth, 4 or 8 gig internal, and Android 4.0 for $60. Plus those tablets have micro sd card and some with full USB for a thumbdrive or external. It is the system I am using.