HybridZ

New guy 5.3 build and first time at the track

Ill make sure i take some good pics for yall once the conversion starts. But I just had dinner with a friend of mine who happens to be a machinist. He seems to think he can make some half shafts that will take the power. So I will let him think on it and see if he can come up with something.

IME wheel hop is a ***** to get rid of. Even poly suspension mounts hop. To finally eliminated it I has to make some stiffer UHMW bushings, stiffer diff mount, etc. Wheel hop will definitely tear up stuff. Gear ratio is also important. I ran 3.7 for a couple years with zero problems with the stock half shafts behind a T56. The higher the ratio the more torque you can put through the shafts. Finally, as Jon mentions suspension travel is important. The higher the angle the shaft has to work the more stress you are putting through it. The devil is in the details and IMO there are many details involved. As others have said the Nissan stuff is not too bad if set-up well.

Cameron