HybridZ

Where can I get oil line plug front & rear short block?

tamo3

You don't want a 'Pipe Plug' you want a "Flushseal Plug"---they are designed with different threads and different taper than NPT plugs to allow seating below the deck, or near flush. A pipe plug, properly tapped would sit high and proud of the surface, needing milling or some sort of surface treatment to bring it back so it doesn't interfere with other things.

Having a flushseal plug in there allows easy removal for gallery cleaning later on when freshening the engine, and will never blow out if you get an insano oil pump...

This website has been around for what 10 years?

oilgallery.jpg

"Nissan used press-in plugs to seal the front and rear main oil galleries. I'm using a higher pressure turbo oil pump, therefore, I opted to remove them by using a slide hammer, and drilling and tapping the hole to accept a standard threaded plug. When installed with Lock-tight, it will eliminate the possibility of blowing out a plug and loosing oil pressure under extreme conditions. This needs to be done prior to the machine work so all the metal shavings are removed during the cleaning process.

NOTE

The front plug will need to be shortened so that it doesn't close off the # 1 main bearing oil passage and, at the same time, it will fit flush with the front face of the block."

I dont think this is the same as what Tony recommended but you get the idea.

Edited by rayaapp2