HybridZ

Trying to find a source for 1.5mm head gasket for L28 turbo

Sam280Z

As the topic title says, I need a 1.5mm head gasket for my L28 P90a converted to solid lifters and spray bar turbo motor. I need this ASAP for my daily driver. I've searched and called around with depressing results. Cometic says theirs will not work on a turbo motor because it does not have the oil passage between 3 & 4. It seems like it will take weeks to get a Kameari.

Does anyone have a source for a HG that will work and I can get quicker than that?

If you want to see my pain check out https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/110595327894846974778/albums/5819204301794009809

Thanks,

Sam

There is no oil passage between 3&4 that is there on a Turbo that is not there on an N/A...

Methinks they say "no turbo applications" due to people detonating the hell out of them and they don't want the warranty hassle!

You can stack those 0,7mm head gaskets o get 1,5mm...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Why a 1.5mm head gasket??? Why not just use a regular old fel-pro 1mm?

I'm still confused as to why this wasn't answered?

Sounds like you have an OEM setup, and OEM gasket thickness would be fine. If anything, running the 1.5mm gasket will hurt compared to the higher quench OEM setup... I'd only run a thick gasket on an open chamber setup.