HybridZ

Car hauler company?

CrayZ

hey guys im going to be driving up to california to pick up a 71 here in the next couple of days and i am deciding if i want to drive it back or throw it on a hauler. Does anyone know a good company? It needs to go from anaheim to houston, tx

Uship you sometime find a good deal if someone is heading your way. Fuel price is real high now which make transport even more money. I had quite a few cars shipped and used one Broker, 954-857-8191 ask for Glen.

Price change depending on time of year and i said fuel price, i had 3 cars shipped from california to ny paid as low as $700 to recently $ 950.

The main problem with shipping is fuel.I sold my z and I delivered it my self .1 way the trip was 2000 miles.I towed the car with a tow bar behined my ford e150 van so I wouldnt have a trailer to deal with on the way back.At 15 mpg I was at $1000 for just fuel on a 4100 mile tound trip.I was gone 7 days total and used 4 motel rooms.If you can get a car shipped from socal to houston for $700 that shipper really isnt making that much money.Usually these guys use a 1 ton pick up with a 3 car gooseneck trailer.

I used "Reliable" for my GT3 shipping last May and it was a disaster.  No, the car wasn't damaged.  No they didn't hurt my baby.  BUT they promised it in 7 days and I got it in 17.  Was horrible.  What was worse, was the car was supposed to come to Va. but was shipped to Michigan to "wait" for more cars.  Car was supposed to be kept inside during its travels.  Came to me covered in pine needles.  Sure, if it's a honda civic, but a fairly rare Porsche 2004 GT3?  That wasn't the "deal" but it ended up being "reality".  $2000 wasted. If you have expectation for delivery, I'd consider your options.

Mike

Edited by Mikelly