HybridZ

List your Z's specs...

I got a PM from someone wondering how to get to the "Garage" (used to be called vbGarage).

Here's how to view stuff already in the Garage:

-Click on the word "HybridZ" on the far left of the dark (blue) bar under the top-left HybridZ logo. The dark blue bar has the following text spaced acrossed it:

"HybridZ v" "User CP" "Donate" "Search v" "Quick Links v" "New Posts v" "Logout"

(v is down arrow triangle)

Click on "Garage"

That takes you to the garage page. Unfortunately, there is no way to sort the entries.

If you want people to find your garage easily, put a link to your garage page in your signature (I did).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if this counts, since my Z isnt done, but heres what Im shooting for upon completion:

'72, 240 Fairlady Z.

Engine.

L28ET w. stock bottom end.

Volvo FMIC

1st Gen DSM BOV

MSnS

2.75 Downpipe (Fab or bought, dunno)

Copper Head Gasket. ARP studs

T3/T4 Hybrid

2.75-3in. Exhaust with some type of muffler.

Other crap as well!

Other Drivetrain.

r200 w. LSD

5 Speed

Decent clutch.

Suspension/Wheels.

Urethane/Poly bushings.

Reasonable sport type suspension setup (something not quite bone jarring, but stiff and responsive)

Not sure on wheels and tires yet, need to do more research.

Frame.

Subframe connectors.

Rear strut brace (will be fabbing myself)

Front strut brace (Fab or buy, dunno)

Body.

Home grown paint and primer job. Unsure of color.

Lotsa rust repair

ZG Flares

Mild body kit perhaps.

The car is a long way off, currently its torn down to a shell and Im slowling fixing it and preparing it for primer and re-assembly. It'd be nice to see the car on the road in 2 years.

This is taken from a local nissan site where my car was car of the month alittle while back. The car recently ran 12.08 @125mph on street tires and ate a spark plug wire before I got a chance to make a a clean run on slicks. I few tricks were added since this article, but is pretty close to the same except I have a new intake, ported head, and a custom cam from webcams. You can also check out my car in the last issue of SportZ Magazine

Specs and Mods:S_Rear%20Quarter.JPG http://www.lonewolfperformance.com/

Cylinder head mods

ARIZONA ZCAR - adjustable cam gear

CRANE CAMS - valve springs and retainers

FERREA - stock sized intake valve w/ 1mm oversized exhaust valves

WEB CAMSHAFTS - Custom ground turbo cam

HKS - 2mm head gasket

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - race ported and polished P90 head w/ ceramic coated combustion chambers

ARP - head studs

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - Powder coated valve cover

Engine mods-

Forged pistonsS_Quarter%20Shot.JPG

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - raceprepped and polished connecting rods

ARP - main studs

ARP - rod bolts

ABSOLUTE AUTOMOTIVE - assembled shortblock

MSA - euro single groove crank pulley

Intake/exhaust

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - Header w/ ceramic coating (inside and out)

JAMES THAGARD - custom intake manifold

MASTER POWER - T70 compressor w/ P trim wheel and turbonetics .58 exhaust housing

TURBONETICS - Evolution WastegateS_Hood%20Open.JPG

TURBO XS - RFL blow-off valve

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - custom intercooler pipes with cold air intake and K&N filter

SPEARCO - 1080cfm intercooler (previously owned by Lisa Kubo)

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - 3" mandrel bent ceramic coated stainless downpipe w/ v- band connections.

DYNOMAX - 3" race bullit muffler

240sx throttle body

LOKAR - Stainless throttle cable

LONEWOLF PERFORMANCE - fuel rail

52pph fuel injectors

ACCUFAB - Adjustable fuel pressure regulator

Stainless fuel lines

stainless oil feed line for turboS_Engine%20Bay.JPG

GREDDY - Profec B boost controller

Transmission/ differential-

Borg Warner T-5

SUPERIOR FRICTION - custom clutch

ARIZONA ZCAR - Lightweight billet steel flywheel

SUMMIT RACING - Universal Driveshaft loop

300zx 3.7 LSD

Interior

VICTORIA BRITISH - Full dash cap

MSA - molded Carpet kitS_Inside.JPG

Swapped red interior to black interior

MSA - Replacement floor pans (due to rust)

Digital to Analog Gauge swap with 130mph Speedo

PROFORM - shift light

ISSPRO - EGT gauge and sender

AUTOMETER - Air/fuel ratio gauge,

AUTOMETER - 30psi boost gauge

VDO - 25psi boost gauge

INNOVATE - LM1 wideband/datalogger

SONY - tape deck with 10 disc changer in glovebox

PILOT - “D†shapped steering wheel

S_Burnout.JPG

Exterior

Closin pearl blue IMRON 6000 paint applied by me (Bodyshop manager at MHC Kenworth by day, part owner of Lonewolf Performance by night)

Remote mount Engine oil cooler

MSA - Aero II body kit with F40 spoiler

M&H - drag radials on 6 spoke 14" rims for street fun

M&H - Slicks on Centerline 15x9" rims for 1/4 mile track use

YOKOHAMA - A550H tires in the front

Misc/Other

WALBRO - 255hp (high pressure) fuel pump

TCI - rollstop/linelock

SDS - EM4-6F engine management system with upgraded MSD coil packs

GRIFFIN - Aluminum Radiator

ZIRGO - 16" electric fan with adjustable thermostat

SPEARCO - methanol injection kit

NGK - spark plugs

ACCEL - 8mm spark plug wires

semi-metalic brake pads

Notes from James

The car ran 12.33 @ 112.86mph on 8-13-04 before the turbo (previously was T3/T4 hybrid), valvetrain/head mods, and manifold upgrades. It also Dynod 345hp and 353ftlbs. at the rear wheels on 19psi of boost. I had boost controller problems on the dyno and couldn’t go any higher at that time. I’m currently running 30psi of boost and have not re-run the car in the 1/4 or on the dyno. I’m aiming for 525-550 when I return to the dyno late this year w/ the current mods.

Future upgrades include a 2 step rev limiter from Perfect Launch, swapping out the Methanol injection kit to one with a progressive controller, and a possible direct port nitrous injection system running a 75-125hp shot.

Eventually the drivetrain will be transferred out of this street car and into the 240z full drag car that I’m currently building as well.

1977 280Z

I used a JTR kit.

1989 5.7 TPI out of an IROC Z28,set for 1990 computer with MAP sensor, motor is all stock, and in bad need of a rebuild. 100k+ unknown miles on it. Cylinder number 8 is low on compression.

Accell 24lb injectors,

TPI throttle body air foil

cold air intake

shorty headers

Dual 2.5 exhaust,

40 series Flowmasters

84 700R4 tranny with B&M shift kit

stock R180 single spin w/3.54 gears

Stock springs and struts

6 point chrome moly roll bar.

300ZX wheels and tires

In this condition the car has run 13.03 @ 102.5mph and gets about 22 miles to the gallon. I'm about to install a 92 tranny with TCI parts and a 9.5 lock up converter. I also have an R200 LSD out of a turbo car that I installed 3.90 gears. I have CV joint axles and plan to use the Modern Motorsports adapters. The suspension just needs to go in a hole some where. I'm not sure what springs or struts to put in, I figure anything will be an improvement. The motor will need some tlc before too long. I'm considering a 383 kit.

1973 datsun 240Z

377 sbc installed with jtr kit (previously scarab/hooker install)

engine/transmission

canfield aluminum heads - 2.055 intake/1.60 exhaust valves, 65 cc combustion chambers, 200cc intake runners

comp cams extreme energy mechanical roller xr280r, part# 12-771-8, 2500-6500 rpm, 242/248 @ .050, .570/.576 valve lift, 110 lsa

comp cams roller lifters, high-tech pushrods

comp cams springs, retainers, 10 degree locks, arp screw-in studs, canfield guideplates

silvolite keith black hyp. pistons - 0.30 over, 3.48 stroke, 4.155 bore

crane gold 1.5 roller rockers

arp stainless steel bolts throughout (engine kit plus head bolts, main studs, flexplate bolts, converter bolts, oil pump stud, etc.)

arp 12-point poly locks

summit stage 2 5.7 rods

chevy cast 350 crank (welded up and turned back down for the 400 block)

weiand team g intake manifold (2800-7200 rpm)

holley 3310 vaccuum secondary 750 cfm (silver finish) - the pics, however, show a holly 6708 650cfm double pumper

tci flexplate

cloyes hex-adjust true roller timing chain

clevite race bearings (tri-metal)

melling m55a high volume oil pump

milodon oil pan (with windage tray, oil baffles)

milodon timing cover

msd 8360 distributor

moroso ultra 40 race plugwires

march performance serpentine kit, performance ratio

autometer phantom gauges

bowtie overdrives stage 3 200-4r transmission

b&m holeshot 2400 converter

b&m pro stick shifter

s&s full length headers

3" dual exhaust with borla xr1 mufflers

jegs 15 gallon fuel cell

carter street/strip electric fuel pump

suspension/brakes/wheels

280 rear strut assemblies with suspension techniques 240 lowering springs

tokico hp strut cartridges

"bumpsteer" spacers

suspension techniques front 1 1/8" swaybar

currently no rear swaybar, but have 7/8" msa bar to install

stock brakes with stainless braided lines

3.90 r200 diff

modern motorsports 300zxt cv axle conversion

weld rodlites wheels

15x6 front with 26x7.5 mickey thompson sportsman fronts, 3.5" backspacing

15x8 rear with 26x10.5 mt sportsman pros, 4.5" backspacing

body

bmw titanium silver paint

front and rear euro bumpers

clear turn signal lenses

clear marker lenses in the front

kaminari front spoiler

legendary cars cowl induction hood (purchased through jc whitney)

upgrade plans

trickflow 215r heads - 2.08 intake/1.60 exhaust, 67cc combustion chambers, 215cc intake runners

holley double pumper

scat9000 377 crank for 6" rods

kb194 pistons for 6" rods

scat 6" rods

coilovers

5 lug conversion

17" wheels for street use

subframe connectors a la pete paraska

1977 280Z Coupe purchased in March of 1992 from the second owner with 101,000 miles on it. Car was original except for wheels, rear hatch louver, and a front spoiler.

It was white with a brown interior. I drove the car as purchased for 5 years and 50,000 miles and then started the long upgrade project. I have driven the car 18,000 miles since the drive train conversion and it now has 222,000 miles.

BODY: Removed the hatch louver. Added the Motorsport Auto Aero II 4-piece ground effects kit with a conventional hatch mount 1-piece spoiler. Added the Motorsport Auto Sentra window mount rear-view mirror kit. Tinted the windows and painted the car a 1997 Cadillac Eldorado Pearl Red with a white racing stripe. The grill has been chromed.

INTERIOR: Converted the interior to black and red Katzkin leather with a custom charcoal & red carpet. It has a leather headliner, sun visors, ‘A’ pillar covers, door panels, seats, strut tower covers, and face of the rear deck. The only vinyl fabric is in the spare tire well area where it has been padded and fully covered in black vinyl. The seats have a 290 style ‘Z’ embroidered in red just below the head rests. It has an original, uncracked dash with all the original gauges with the speedometer being driven by a CableX unit.. It also has an Autopower 4-point roll bar that has been coated in black bed-liner material. The ash tray has been chrome plated and the interior coated in bed liner material. The AC system has the stock evaporator, condenser & expansion valve with a special compressor and drier. Along with foamed body panels, new seals throughout, and sound deadening and absorbing material it is now good to 100 degrees outside.

SOUND SYSTEM: It is a full Alpine system. It consists of a CDA-9851 head unit that is MP3, Ipod & Sirius capable, a CHA-5634 MP3 capable 6-dsik CD changer, an MRV-F545 500 watt RMS 4-channel amplifier with a Rockford Fosgate 1 farad capacitor, SR-17LS 6 ½†component speakers in custom enclosures on the lower front door panels with 1†soft dome tweeters mounted in the ‘A’ pillars, SPS-1304 5 ¼†speakers mounted in the side panels where the original 4†speakers were mounted, and an SWR-1042 10†subwoofer in a custom, ported, enclosure behind the driver’s side rear fender well.

SUSPENSION: Stock sway bars, Nissan European specification springs, KYB gas struts, urethane bushings throughout and three point strut tower braces front and rear.

BRAKES: 1981 280ZX master cylinder, Willwood forged Superlite calipers on 12.2†vented rotors in the front, 240SX calipers on 11.4†300ZX solid rotors in the rear, and an adjustable proportioning valve.

DRIVETRAIN: The car is the prototype for the Johns Cars LS1 conversion kit. It has a 1998 Camaro LS1 with K&N intake, 1 ½†headers into 2 ½†collectors that continue through an ‘X’ pipe and true 2 ½†duals to a single Magnaflow muffler in the stock location in the rear. The transmission is a 1999 T56 with a Hurst billet shifter that is connected via a custom driveshaft and modified ‘torque tube†(in lieu of a transverse mount) to a 1987 turbo 300ZX 3.70:1 LSD R200. The halfshafts have Spice ‘Brute Force’ universals and it all rides on Center Line 16x7†Trident II wheels with Kumho 215/55-16 Ecsta Supra 712 tires. Cooling is accomplished with the original radiator recored to four rows and the Camaro dual electric fans & shroud.

• 1 year later...

nothin yet, in resto, but planned, 1976 280z stock l28, dark grey with silver flakes.

240sx 60mm throttle body

head milled .80, shimmed cam towers

ported manifold, polished ports

2.5 in exhaust

f54 flattop pistons

no a/c

k&n intake

nismo steel head gasket

Engine:

355ci SBC

steel lightweight crank 3.48 stroke

6" H beam steel rods

Probe 11:1 pistons

Brodix -11 heads 230cc, 2.10/1.60

Ti retainers, manly valves

Schneider .670/.680 lift 254/260 @ .050 solid roller cam

Comp Cams roller lifters and Pro Magnum roller rockers

Stud Girdles

MLS head gaskets

Performer RPM intake

Demon 850 carb

Long Tube headers

Trans:

Tremec TKO600

Centerforce DF clutch

Diff:

R200 3.90:1 w/ OBX helical diff

Front Brakes:

13" lincoln aviator rotors w/ Cobra 2 piston calipers

Rear: Maxima rotors w/ ford taurus calipers

Chrysler 1 1/32 aluminum master w/ stock booster, crane reservior, and Chevy celebrity auxilary vacuum pump.

275/40/17 front

315/35/17 rear