HybridZ

burner rims

What "spare" wheels are you guys using? Im curious what are common wheels that can be used for a burnouts, slicks, yada yada. Common sizes from vehicles that can be had for cheap and have worked well for you guys in the past.

Edited by CrayZ

I know people use 280zx wheels as spares.

I have a 280zx inflata-spare as my literal spare wheel to save weight. Ha.

I tried to fit my steelies from my 240sx but the hub opening was too small; I have alloy wheels on it now but i havent tried to put those on the z.

Oh I have done quite a bit of searching here and there on this subject so I think I can lend a hand.

I think the swastikas are 15x6.5? My set was 100$, very cheap, good offset.

If you have stock rear drums, you can run Toyota Supra/Celica rims at 14x6 they are very cheap only downfall is that they don't fit the fronts.

A lot of American Racing rims came in 4x4.5 with near zero offset.

I believe some old mustangs also had the 4x4.5, old mustang rallye rims are usually 15x7 or 8 steelies with near zero offset. 

I check the local AE86 forums (usually 15 and under) and Drifting forums (usually 17 and up), it's where I find some pretty good deals, and some I kick myself for missing (2 watanabe's for 200, a set of eagles, advan oni's etc)