HybridZ

Front differential mount

gk666

Hey guys, it's been a while since I posted on the forum and ill be sure to post why in a more relevant thread :D but for the mean time I'm looking for what seems to be a very hard part to find and most people seem to fabricate their own and the ones who do fab their own dont give fantastic instructions to do so yourself but in any case I am trying to find the front most mount for the differential in the s30 ( i have a 73' 240) that also holds the fronts of the control arms in. I think there is a guy on this forum that fabs and sells them but I haven't seen a post from him recently and I didn't find any front diff mounts in the listed parts for sale. Thanks for any replies!

Ps. Sorry if I violated any thread rules, I looked them over again real quick but I seem to break them all the time >.> haha

Thanks guys

I'm a bit confused here.

Do you need the actual rubber mount or the crossmember? Sounds like you need the crossmember, but I don't think anyone fabs their own unless something custom is going on.

We need some more info...

Doesn't sound like he wants an RT mount, as it doesn't hold the fronts of the control arms in place.

I have a stock front diff crossmember from a '71 lying around in my parts hoard that I can sell you. Is $40 shipped fair?

No actually, http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=370647431132&index=14&nav=SEARCH&nid=68055666438, is what I was looking for and I feel stupid for never having typed in crossmember but thank you very much for trying to help me find it, I will probably delete this post since its kind of misleading a make a new one.

Holy SH**, the guy wants $265 for a freakin' crossmember... wow.

Hey, can you hold off on shipping it until the end of the week... Sorry about not responding sooner... I'm pretty much bed ridden and judging from my yellow sputum, some kind of bacterial infection on its way out the door. Not to mention I just bought a new motherboard for my pc which ran me up the wall for 180$ since they didn't have the one I wanted which would have saved me 40 bucks and I could have purchased the crossmember this weekend. Would you mind holding on to it until this upcoming weekend? In the mean time you can pm me your paypal email and when I get the 40, I'll send it your way!

Thank you and I'm terribly sorry for the hassle :/

No worries.  I will yield to the yellow sputum.  Acutally headed out the door to yank the part now but I have no issue with holding onto it until late next week.  It actually may need to be the following Monday as I will be in Austin, TX at Circuit of the Americas from Wed through Sun.  Provided I don't get run over or catch on fire I would be in position to ship it upon my return Monday the 4th.  I will PM you with PayPal info.