HybridZ

75 280z replacing suspension questions

So I'm going to be replacing the stock suspension on my Z with 4 Tokico Blues struts and springs. I'm also buying a energy suspension completr bushing kit as well.

I'm just wondering if I should replace anything else that deals with the suspension while I have it all apart ?

The insulator, and a spacer that sits inside it, should be considered.  If the car doesn't sit level they might be degraded.  And the bump stops tend to disappear over time.  I've only seen one in place, on12 struts that I've worked on up close, two cars of my one and a wrecking yard car. 

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsunS30/DatsunZIndex/Axle/RearSuspension/tabid/1731/Default.aspx

Lower balljoints and strut top bearings in the front or maybe just re-grease them. Worth doing whilst it's all apart!

what about replacing the whole strut top mount, ie replace with camber plate? what parts are available along those lines for S30?

The insulator, and a spacer that sits inside it, should be considered.  If the car doesn't sit level they might be degraded.  And the bump stops tend to disappear over time.  I've only seen one in place, on12 struts that I've worked on up close, two cars of my one and a wrecking yard car. 

http://www.carpartsmanual.com/datsunS30/DatsunZIndex/Axle/RearSuspension/tabid/1731/Default.aspx

what do you mean 'insulator'?

edit: apologies for ignorance, completely new to Z's but looking to get into one soon

Edited by ol doc gully