HybridZ

Looking for A member to meet and Help me

Hey Hybridz.  I got my Datsun 240z one year ago and have been trying to fix it myself but I am constantly being held back by the learning curves on this car.  I learn better through experience not through reading, as most students do now-a-days. I am doing a Performance Restoration, but currently the car is mostly stock.  My biggest issue is my SU carburators which I can get well tuned for about one drive then they fallout of tune again, this is probably due to my low vacuum at idle.  I know I have sorted out the big problems with the car, but now I just have those little PITA problems adding up and causing this car to not run well.

If you are one of those Z car experts on SU's or just other techinical areas in these cars drop me a line because I would be more than happy to make it worth your while if you could give me some pointers on a weekend or after I get out of school one day.

I live in St. Louis city, just contact me, Thank you.

You might try Classic Z also. I think there is members there from your area.

I work in ST.Louis sometimes and could help you out, but it will be a few weeks before I am in that area. I usually stay in Collinsville when I am there.

if your SU's aren't staying in tune, check them for leaking throttle shafts and sticking main jets. They're generally a set-and-forget type of carb, once they're setup and synced they stay that way for the next six months till it's time to check and sync them again.