HybridZ

L28et dead

calvin280zxt

Just insured my car and drove for like

15 minutes then all of a sudden a big backfire out the exhaust and its dead. Havent had time to diagnose much yet, has gas, fuel pump runs, injectors fire and it has spark. Stock turbo 82 just did hei conversion since it broke down last time. Any ideas? It sort of fires as if the ignition is super retarded ran at like 100 rpm. Any ideas?

No smoke, didnt start again exept for the 100 rpm sputtering. Im thinking timing chain

You are probably right . Do a compression test , that will tell you if the chain has jumped .

Edited by Domzs

No injector pulse or spark. I dont get how the rotor comes loose then the computer just stops doing anything. Its as if its not getting any crank angle info. I checked to see if the distributer came unplugged nothing though. Time to hit up the fsm

Edit. Fuel pump relay only comes on for the token 5 seconds on ignition. Computer isn't doing anything

Edited by calvin280zxt

Havent had time to diagnose much yet, has gas, fuel pump runs, injectors fire and it has spark. .................. Any ideas?

Compare your first post comments, above, to your last post.  You seem to be losing track of what works and what doesn't.  You have to be methodical and careful to diagnose engine problems.  You're all over the place and not making sense, in just one day.

At first it broke down the fuel pump came on injectors, spark. Spark was random as the rotor was spinning. I tried things and tried starting it a bunch of times, cranked it over to check compression etc. Now that i found the rotor and fixed it now anything ecu controlled isnt working. Some time between the rotor falling apart and me fixing it something else took a dump. Sorry for the confusion it all worked at first