HybridZ

Now that you have a LS what transmission did you use?

I am trying to get a feel for transmissions that guys have installed behind their LS motors. 

I am currently in the process of my swap  I have the good stuff LS3, cam, and a Magnacharger.  I am trying to plan out the rest of the build accordingly.  The combo I have has been proven to put 577 rwhp.

To me:

Transmission is going to dictate what rearend I put in the car. 

Auto:

I have a chance to get a built 4l60e from a GTO that was built with stall and internals.

Manual:

I have a chance to get a built T56 for a reasonable price.

Rearend:

I have been leaning towards the 8.8 set up as I think it offers the most in gearing and options. 

This car is a weekend car, toy.  I would like to play on the track from time to time, and take it to work ( where ever that will be).  I have ALWAYS had a stick in a sports car.  I am being told that I can put the power down and still have fun in an auto. 

I am looking to see what others have done, and opinions. 

If you are doing a diff/axle setup like Sunny Z I would do T56 all the way(I'm doing a Viper t56 anyway, I just don't have the Fab skills so I have to figure out how not to break stuff another way). Auto's are a lot nicer on the axles !

I am going to look at a T56 that was built by Late Model Racecraft.  I keep going back to a T56.  I have always believed a stick should be in a sports car.  I will go to the track but not enough to justify not being able to play with a 6 speed.......

I now need to sort the 8.8 conversion for the rearend....

• Administrators

I was able to buy a new 600 for less than I could buy a new T56. I can't say I've looked at used prices lately, but I'd be surprised if the T56 was less, used for used.