HybridZ

Learn me some A6/R6 care and feeding

Heading to a hillclimb on Friday. Going to be starting with some new 245/45R17 Rival street tires. Never ran them before so starting with the RS3 set-up. Long story why Im doing this but on day 2 plan is to swap to some used 275/35R15 R6's I just picked up used just for this event. Would of liked A6's but couldnt find some. I've also never ran R-comp Hoosiers before so any suggestions on pressures or quick set-up tweaks I need to be aware of? Diameters are 23" vs 25" so theres that but otherwise from what I can tell pressures should actually be about the same, low 30's hot.

Thanks

Cameron

A lot depends on weight of the car. That is the first thing the Hoosier rep asked me while I was gridded for my last race. At 2500 lbs he said around 32 psi hot is what I should be shooting for.

Hope that helps a little. If your car weighs less then you should be around 28-30 psi.

Tom

Sorry, but forgot to mention that is for their Vintage TD tires. Bias.

Edited by fhptom

I am currently running R6s on the Zcar.  I found that starting pressures at about 33 cold gets me right at 40 PSI hot.  I'm at 2640-ish with front 48.5/rear 51.5 weight balance.  My sizes are 274-40-18 front/ 295-35-18 rear.

As keith recommended, bleed pressure off as you go.  My car is lighter and that requires more cold air pressure to start with.

Hope this helps.

Mike

And get ready to go faster-Hoosiers ROCK! When I get back from the track, I clean my wheels/tires with soap and water. After good snd dry, I put them in black trash bags then store them in a climate controlled storage garage next to my grandmothers prize winning quilt collection and the urn with my fathers ashes. They have a production date of '09 and they are still soft.