HybridZ

Went to the track yesterday

I just finished making some changes to the rear suspension,and add 275 MT Drag radial pros to the mix. i did the burn out and staged the car. I put the transbreak on brought the rpm's up let the TB go and the car moved one foot. I broke both 300zxt CV axles. I have had these axles in the car for 7 long years without any failure. I am changing them out today with my spare set. Does anybody know are used any after market (Performance) CV axles companys?

post-1226-0-14741900-1372611202_thumb.jpg

post-1226-0-95364000-1372611229_thumb.jpg

I think SunnyZ got his last set thru The Driveshaft Shop. Was that the first time on drag radials? What torque do you think you were making at that rpm/boost level. Sorry you broke- bad feeling. Love your axle restraint system.

Thanks for your reply, I tried Drag radials 5 years ago but could not make it work with the blower motor, but I only tried them one test session. I was leaving on 3 pounds of boost not sure of the torque . The motor made 843 to 847 @ 20 pounds of boost at the rear tires. I took all the travel out of the rear. With the rear with 1.5 travel and slicks I leave on 7.5 boost @ 3800 rpm, car ran a 5.57@ 130 in the 1/8th with a 1.38   60'.

Edited by jnjdragracing

I guess what I was trying to get at was: what was different in your setup that made you break? You are kind of my idol for doing more than anyone else with a R200. Do you think it was a setup change that caused it or just power and repetitions? I have modeled your suspension limits from your suggestions and stayed with bias ply, but I hope to go from 435 tq to over 600 next year. Attentively watching your every move.

I guess what I was trying to get at was: what was different in your setup that made you break? You are kind of my idol for doing more than anyone else with a R200. Do you think it was a setup change that caused it or just power and repetitions? I have modeled your suspension limits from your suggestions and stayed with bias ply, but I hope to go from 435 tq to over 600 next year. Attentively watching your every move.

When we talked on the phone I told you I was using two strut cushions per side, which came to 4 7/8" height, so I made a set of aluminum  spacers. So there is no travel down,and I put limiters on the rebound too. That was the changes to the rearend. I talked to my Dyno guy ( Chris Tuten ) and he said it could have been fatigued over 7 hard years of use.

It's a new product by Lincoln Enterprises. Combines the best features of a helical, viscous, clutch and pneumatic LSDs while avoiding many of their individual negative characteristics. Compared to clutch type-no clutches to wear out; viscous-lighter and uses no special lubricants; helical-no spin of the inside wheel when unloaded. Only drawback is the price, but I have one that I will sell you at a bargain of $2697 plus shipping. Core required prior to delivery of new unit. Internal tolerances are very tight, requiring heating for final assembly. Special tools are required for removal of spider gears.

Edited by RebekahsZ