HybridZ
madkaw

Ms3x install

Yes - I did some reading and realized that it needed to be mounted on top of the intake- which probably isn’t going to happen. I don’t think I’m ready to give up on the IAC .

Besides - I’m having other issues right now

I’m pretty sure my CAS is giving me issues - so I’m troubleshooting it right now.

Found greasy condensation mess in my PCB coming from my MAP sensor . 

Also checking voltage for my VR sensor circuit. 

3FBFD4F7-2B4E-4EBE-93E6-1B359A27C9DF.jpeg

C27DE700-41C5-476D-9753-E31DDE77963E.jpeg

So the engine is running pretty good. What I’ve noticed is that the TPS is not as sensitive as I would like it to be. It does not register off-idle as accurately as it should. I can move the throttle enough to bring the rpms up from 1k to 1500 and TS won’t even show movement. I’ve tried adjusting, calibrating , but it seems to be an issue of the TPS not being sensitive enough to small inputs. It is an aftermarket for my 240sx TB. And I have replaced it recently. I probably should have ponied up for a Nissan one. What I think it is doing is showing me at idle when I’m not . 

I guess I need to check voltages everywhere.

I did verify that my sensor voltage coming from the MS is 4.95v. I need to test this at my sensors. 

Ordered a new O2 gauge . Ordered the Spartan gauge to match my Spartan wideband, maybe my numbers which match each other now. 

6 hours ago, Gollum said:

Sounds like a issue at the tps itself. I'm using a Nissan KA24 TPS on the L28ET throttle and it's extremely precise and responsive throughout the range.

Remember what year you used?

41 minutes ago, madkaw said:

Remember what year you used?

No idea. I just went to the junkyard and looked around until I found one. It has the same three pin connector on the top as the L series ones, but another pig tail coming out of it's bottom. Resolution isn't a problem, as it's nearly infinitely variable. The smallest possible change causes a resistance change. If you're having resolution issues it sounds like it's stepping, which doesn't sound right at all.

Interesting . I did actually try to “preload” the TPS, but I might need to revisit that procedure . I don’t know if I did it like you exactly- if that was you in the video.

thanks either way!