HybridZ

S30 safety

Do people who aren't smart enough to know sitting too close to the airbag can result in your death and adjust their seat as instructed in the owner's manual someone we really want alive and procreating?

Well Tony, not everyone is 6' tall with a 33" inseam.

That is an issue brought on by the safety Nazis that did kill people.  The initial air bag requiremtns was that they save an un-buckled 80th percentile male (225 lbs.) from serious injury.  That ended up seriously injuring the 40th percentile female (110 lbs.) due to the force of the deployment.  If you're a 5' tall woman how can you safely operate a vehicle if you have to sit so far back (for air bag safety) that you can't adequately push the pedals or turn the steering wheel?

What was wrong with seat belts?

"People didn't use them and died.

Lets put air bags in..."

But what if I'm smart enough to wear my seat belt every time?

"Screw you, you'll get it, pay for it, and that's that."

But seat belts gave ME the choice... Airbags don't.

"You don't get a choice, we no best. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated!"

I, for one, welcome our autonomous driving overlords. Nissan says it wants to produce an autonomous car by 2020. Sign me up. I'm paranoid when I drive my Z, but I admit with my new Focus I am much more lax on my daily commute. So are thousands of other people, a lot of which have their cheap iPhone headphones in their ear...

What they need, and I need are cars that drive themselves. More room for my Z that way.

Edited by BLOZ UP