HybridZ

Floor plugs

PLATA

Restoration specialties has tons of stuff, but they are old school. You may have to call them and actually talk to a person if you can't find it on their online pdf catalog. My previous classic car didn't have very much support in terms of replacement parts, but I found several things there that were almost exact or would at least do the job. Just get the measurement of the hole and the thickness of the metal. Seals-it has some good stuff too.

Edited by socorob

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

You sir are amazing. I'm guessing this is true for 240Z - 280Z?  (I have a 73' 240Z)

It is true of ALL Japanese car's from 1967 to 1981. The floor penetrations were specified by a silly government mandated regulation that was eventually put to rest.

Or I could just be ******* with you. Get off your lazy ass and measure your own damn car :mrgreen:

It is true of ALL Japanese car's from 1967 to 1981. The floor penetrations were specified by a silly government mandated regulation that was eventually put to rest.

Or I could just be ******* with you. Get off your lazy ass and measure your own damn car :mrgreen:

Maybe i am an idiot, but in the past year and a half, the only 4 inch holes i saw anywhere in my floor were rust. Either way, i like your style.

• Administrators

Maybe i am an idiot, but in the past year and a half, the only 4 inch holes i saw anywhere in my floor were rust. Either way, i like your style.

:-D I was in one of my less charming moods. New-to-240z was a good sport though, so I gave him 10 Internet points.

• 2 weeks later...

Stainless Steel Electrical Box Knockout Plugs with a ring of silicone work great.

I used them on heater core hose holes in the firewall, amongst others.

The spring clips have quite a bit of leeway for off-sizing.

You can usually get them at Home Depot.

Look like these:

These are BRASS, but you get the idea!

Edited by Tony D