HybridZ

Truck to LS1 accessory drive ps/alt

I've looked at a bunch of threads and I'm starting to get baffled with BS. Just want to get my L33 put together with LS1 accessories. I have the Camaro pulley installed and water pump as well. I do not have the brackets for alternator or ps, and I have yet to buy the pump and alternator as well.

I know I'll do a KRC pump. I have my old Maxima 60amp alternator and I'm tempted to use it, but I'd need a serpentine pulley and I'd have to make a bracket, and at this point I don't want to add more fabrication to the thing, I'd rather just buy parts and assemble.

So what I need to know is what the best way to get this stuff in the car would be. I am thinking that I can just buy all the brackets and an alternator off of ebay and bolt it all on, but I've seen other solutions like this high mount ps/alternator bracket and it appears that this one piece would solve the problem: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-LS1-High-Mount-P-S-Alternator-Mount-Bracket-Kit-F-Body-Front-/380676005851?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item58a20edfdb&vxp=mtr

Also I understand I need a manual tensioner to prevent throwing the belt. KRC the only option for that?

Any help appreciated.

Really? I thought I had to move the alternator or something. Well if that's the case it should be pretty easy to round up the parts and get it done. The tensioner is supposedly necessary for cars that autox and road race, so I'll go ahead with that part of it.

You dont need an idler for the power steering. Use the stock everything except i think i changed from a smooth idler pulley to a ribbed idler pulley. The belt is an odd ball size and most parts stores dont care it but it is available the next day usually.

Really? I thought I had to move the alternator or something. Well if that's the case it should be pretty easy to round up the parts and get it done. The tensioner is supposedly necessary for cars that autox and road race, so I'll go ahead with that part of it.

The problem with the alternator was with the LS2 unit. Most have gone to the LS1 alternator witch fits better/no interference with the John's motor mount.  I was able to make mine work, but most haven't.