HybridZ

LF S30, located in SE Michigan

Weatherwar

Hi, I've been in the market for an S30 for a few months now.  I've been burned on good craigslist buys a few times and have decided to take a new approach.

I've lurked on these forums for a while, reading other classifieds and just reading information in general about my favorite car.

If anyone has an S30 for sale within a 4 or so hour drive of Ann Arbor, Michigan I would love to get an email at 20austine12@gmail.com.

I prefer a series 1 240z, but who wouldn't.  Also prefer manual.  Any S30 that is reasonably priced will definitely be considered.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, go to University of Michigan and am buying this car with my own money.  I come from a family of car people, well specifically my dad.  I've worked on cars with him for years, parted them out, and helped with restorations.  I can hold my own under the hood and we currently have a few (read: many) cars in our garage (all British though).

I plan to own whatever car I get for the long haul, and am sure I will own Z's throughout my life.

Thank you for reading!

Hi, I've been in the market for an S30 for a few months now.  I've been burned on good craigslist buys a few times and have decided to take a new approach.

I've lurked on these forums for a while, reading other classifieds and just reading information in general about my favorite car.

If anyone has an S30 for sale within a 4 or so hour drive of Ann Arbor, Michigan I would love to get an email at 20austine12@gmail.com.

I prefer a series 1 240z, but who wouldn't.  Also prefer manual.  Any S30 that is reasonably priced will definitely be considered.

I grew up in Ann Arbor, go to University of Michigan and am buying this car with my own money.  I come from a family of car people, well specifically my dad.  I've worked on cars with him for years, parted them out, and helped with restorations.  I can hold my own under the hood and we currently have a few (read: many) cars in our garage (all British though).

I plan to own whatever car I get for the long haul, and am sure I will own Z's throughout my life.

Thank you for reading!

Come to California we have lots of nice looking and cared for Z cars with no rust.

I was living in Birmingham, MI. It took me 4 years to find a good one locally.

If I would have to do it again, I would look for as rust free as possible example in CA or AZ and get a shipping company bring it to MI for me.

I'm sure if you ask nicely enough, some members could help you to inspect some cars for you if they don't belong already to somebody you could trust on the board. 

FYI, the car came back with me to France when I decided to move back to Europe, cost for transportation from Detroit to Baltimore was around $500.

Edited by Lazeum

Cruise the Craigslist ads in SoCal, line up three or more prospects.

Bring CASH to cover the asking price.

Fly Southwest from DTW-ONT One-Way

Look at the cars, buy one, drive it locally to the shop and get it ready.

Drive it back to Michigan.

Shouldn't take more than a week. Fly out Friday Night, buy the car over the weekend, tires/repairs mon-tues/trackside at Grattan the following weekend.

Piece of cake and something you will talk about for years.

Cruise the Craigslist ads in SoCal, line up three or more prospects.

Bring CASH to cover the asking price.

Fly Southwest from DTW-ONT One-Way

Look at the cars, buy one, drive it locally to the shop and get it ready.

Drive it back to Michigan.

Shouldn't take more than a week. Fly out Friday Night, buy the car over the weekend, tires/repairs mon-tues/trackside at Grattan the following weekend.

Piece of cake and something you will talk about for years.

I will definitely consider this.  I'm planning on living out west in Montana/Wyoming next summer.  It wouldn't be too hard to fly out to Cali to get a car and then just drive up to MT/WY.

I just aquired a 1973 240z.  There is rust on the doors,none on the floorboards, hatch sill, and rockers.  The frame rails are dented but don't appear to be rusted, I haven't gotten underneath it to check.  Dash is cracked, engine hasn't run in over 10 years.  

I'm asking $1200.   Will have pics this weekend.

• 2 months later...