HybridZ

Atmospheric Supercharging???

Guycali

Guest John Adkins

I started to doubt credibililty when the page claims "BRE" stands for "British Racing Enterprises"... instead of

"Brock Racing Enterprises" as in Pete Brock (designer of my other favorite car, the Cobra Daytona coupe)...

As for "atmospheric supercharging" hmm... sounds suspiciously like "ram air" :D

"12 intake charges" and "12 power strokes" rolleyesg.gif sounds like a load of bs to me...

As I read this guys rants I felt that he must be smoking some of the good stuff, but then I got to the part where he wants money for the secret which tells me that he is looking to make some money on the "sucker born every minute" system. I have read alot about the BRE car and some of the stuff I have done to my z is from there info, the secret to the BRE car was attention to detail, weight, and a good driver.

The other thing I noticed was that the Farrari(sp) he used in his picture is a kit on a z car (doors are a dead give away).

Do not buy into that crap, if it was real it would have never stayed a secret this long.

Dragonfly

Guest Anonymous

I read all through that, and well I don't understand how you'd get double use of cylinders and all this other snake oil he's talking about.

Frankly the ad sounded like a Al Gore speech, changing the subject often and not making a point. :D

Also I want to know what suspension mods allow a Z on 175 X 70 X 14 stock tires pull 1 g lateral slalom. First production car I remember doing that was maybe a 84 vette and it didn't have 6" tires brother. The only way it'd get 1g lateral on stock tires if if it was hit in the side by a concrete truck. Thats pretty bold claim, 100 percent power increase too, even the 6-61 kits only say 60-70 percent increase. I guess I'll have to pull a jedi mind trick and get someone to buy it just to find out what sort of scam it is.

Regards,

Lone

Guest Anonymous

when he says tha the six cylinder now has 12 intake and power pulses it almost sounds like he is saying that he converted the motor to a two stroke motor but like you guy said he must be working the "sucker born every minute" angle.

Well, the author works at Acoustic Laser Laboratories. That's the key. What he is doing is shooting an timed intense laser pulse into the intake system, superheating the air. This creates a shock wave that travels to the intake valve, and it momentarily opens it, and at the same time the pressure pulse from this shock wave supercharges the cylinder as the valve is momentarily open. What he has just invented is the cam-less valve opening sequence. Absolutely awesome. And all this time I thought these LEDs used for lasing were a waste of time..... Well now, hows that for some masculine bovine feces.

Guest AlsoRanFPrepared

Here is the key. bonk.gif

"The scream of the 300 horsepower 4.8 liter 6 cyl/V-12 engine and sound of the car as it shifts gears at 7,000rpm with the hood popping up one more time is a sight and sound to behold. The is no better feeling in the world than having "race car capabilities" in a car run on the streets."

The simple modification seems to be supergluing two L24's together to supercharge eachother at atomosphere. I guess technically you could attain twice the horsepower if you placed two engines each making 150 HP together. It sounds like jackassery to me though. Please now give me $50 for telling you this secret information :D

Originally posted by FAIRLADY 327:

i bet he runs the dragon intake from rsr and the

megaphone dunk muffler together to double his hp to the wheels.

That only works if you have a "Powered by Datsun" decal across the door and a Type R badge on the rear decklid...sorry...

Guest sball

I know what he's on about bonk.gif It's a double sided cam shaft and pistons mounted on spring conrods that bounce twice per revolution, f#@k why didn't I come up with that twak.gif The ignition would most logicaly be on a 2 to 1 pulley system so you get 12 sparks form a 6 point cap at 15000 rpm

He also tells how to lower you're front end 7" to stop it taking off. I need to go back and read some more. puke.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

"atmospheric supercharging" is where you tune the Intake runner Lenght from the back-side of the valve, to the air horn. when the valve closes a "shock wave" bounces back to the open end of the Intake (air horn). Once it reaches the open end the "shock wave returns to the intake valve. If I remember correctly, They said that on the third resonance hit (or "shockwave")If the runner length is tunned for a pre-specified RPM, the resonance wave will reach the valve as it opens. Creating an extra push, sometimes giving you up to 4-6 psi of free boost. But only in a narrow RPM range, Like say that you tune for 7000. Its good from 6500-7500. I have the formula, If anyone wants it let me know.

Originally posted by 302Wolftech:

But only in a narrow RPM range, Like say that you tune for 7000. Its good from 6500-7500.

Bingo! Thanks for clearing that one up for us. Sure it works, and this is the point of the multiple path induction systems on some newer cars. I guess if you could have 6 or 7 different path lengths, you could have a wide "atmospherically supercharged" engine, but the pumping losses past all those doors/valves/etc. would probably negate it at lower rpm.

Just add real super/turbo charger and/or lots more cubes and be done with it, I say.

Guest Anonymous

Well, It only works effectively on an engine with an individual runner setup(triple webers,etc.) Where there is basically a carb per cyl. You can alter the intake lenght by swaping the air horn for a longershorter one. It doesn't take much to change the point in the Rpm that you'll get the extra surge. 1"-3". I'm acually in the process of having a set of air horns mounted to a plate that is mounted to the carbs with straight ram pipes. The air horns fit snug inside the ram pipes, well my plan is to use a Rpm sensitive servo that will adjust the intake lenght acording to the Rpm of the engine. And hopefully, If I'm lucky, I may be able to achieve some added HP though out the Rpm Range that I pick.

All joking aside, how can a person market something like this? This is a serious case of false advertising, but I think his disclaimer is "The main drawback to "atmospheric supercharging" is its very strong tendency to "shut-off" if you make a single mistake anywhere along the line. Therefore, you must know exactly what you are doing every step of the way or it will not work.". We should nail him, and sue him, then all buy new parts for our cars :D2thumbs.gifrockon.gif

Guest gprix1

I know how he's turning that 6 into a 12, The piston fires from both sides!!!! When it gets to the top, BOOM when it gets to the bottom BOOM - absolutely brilliant!