HybridZ

77 l28e turbo?

Sorry Pb, I'm guilty of contributing to the mess in Post #37.  Tried to chill things out in Post #47 and was surprised to see Tony D referring to my comments since he has me on Ignore.  Maybe he is omniscient after all.  Must be torture.

Still, there is enough in the thread for the OP to get a little ahead of where he is.  I think that he needs to learn more about what he has, for instance, what is the "unknown ECU"?  Based on his comments, he might not even recognize a decent ECU if he had one.  Most of the advice he's getting about EMS is way beyond his current state of knowledge, with the questions about injectors and the MSD BTM and "whats the degree of timing you have to set for around 11-12lbs of boost".

Probably should have been referred directly to the Turbo FAQs for starters -

http://forums.hybridz.org/topic/50208-the-ultimate-l28et-guidewhat-you-need-for-350whp/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, New Zed was quoted by someone else....which is not blocked.

And when a fact's a fact...there. Is no arguing it. Even when he says it!

Except for The Rabble that felt it necessary to thrash the thread making it all about them...

Edited by Tony D

Still, there is enough in the thread for the OP to get a little ahead of where he is.  I think that he needs to learn more about what he has, for instance, what is the "unknown ECU"?  Based on his comments, he might not even recognize a decent ECU if he had one.  Most of the advice he's getting about EMS is way beyond his current state of knowledge, with the questions about injectors and the MSD BTM and "whats the degree of timing you have to set for around 11-12lbs of boost".

Yeah, I've decided a proper turbo set up using my current engine is above my comprehension and/or budget for the time being. I've decided its more in my skill range to just rebuild the motor, head work, flat tops, a good cam, and still tossing around the idea of triples.. still not sure yet sorry for not replying for awhile.. ive been busy the past few weeks I need to pull my motor for the winter to start on it, thanks for all the information you all gave me. wasn't the outcome I was expecting on my part, but I know for right now its just a pipe dream.. now to start gathering all my needed parts for the rebuild.

Edited by nismodat