HybridZ

S30 LSX Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers

unsure if they will fit with JCI mounts but they fit great with his mounts which I think are very sexie versus other available mounts.

Fir the record my car made 348 rwhp with sanderson shorties and with these longtubes it made 372 rwhp on Bruces dyno. We had to add more fuel because my car went from 10.8-1 air/fuel at WOT down to 16-1 which is an indicator of the tremendous air flow gains. Worth every dime IMO

24whp over the shorties is pretty good. That wide a change in the afrs probably means there was considerable power picked up across the rpm range. I wouldn't be too quick to judge them just off peak numbers. Good long tubes on an f body can cause some pretty severe afr changes as well when coming from the factory junk. That said, the collectors don't look to be the best. I'm sure a true 4-1 ,something like a burns, would yield further results.

I really wish some pictures of their mounts would be released. Seems kind of weird to have a product like this and not make pictures or information available for people to view.

Edited by 1vicissitude

I really wish some pictures of their mounts would be released. Seems kind of weird to have a product like this and not make pictures or information available for people to view.

Here is a link to my photobucket page look through and you can see the mounts

http://s591.photobucket.com/user/shupaye1/library/?sort=3&page=0

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a link to my photobucket page look through and you can see the mounts

http://s591.photobucket.com/user/shupaye1/library/?sort=3&page=0

Wow, thanks for that. Those mounts sure look great.

Is that their trans mount as well? Looks like welding is involved for it? Am I interpreting the picture correctly? Sorry a few are kind of blurry and I have yet to stick my head in a bare trans tunnel on this car.

yes there is welding involved but if you have someone or the ability to utilize this I think it's the best option versus something bolted to the floor. End result is a strong mount that will tie the car together as well.

As compared to what?  Every LS1/2/3/6  build I've ever seen has gained in that range and not much more.  I don't get when people make these kinds of posts because over and over and over in a repeatable combination, headers on these motors new about 20-25 hp depending on the dyno.  I got the same numbers when I did the same on my C5 Vette motors, TWICE.

Mike

20whp gain?

Not really impressive.

• Like 1

Not to mention the fact that each component added should build on the previous.  Induction, fuel, air intake and tuning will all benefit and raise the threshold from there... "not really impressive" if you're "not looking at the bigger picture".

Mike

$1500 for 20whp is not impressive.

If you gained 20whp from C5 manifolds to longtubes, twice, you bought poor headers and either cant tune a car correctly or have a poor tunner.

you are correct 26 whp isn't a lot but your girlfriend said they were sexie

I think some of these threads are comical, god knows I need a few laughs from time to time. It seems like most enthusiast now a days are all so concerned about HP dyno numbers and have no idea what the numbers really mean. In Houston we call those guys internet racers and most reputable vendors won’t even deal with them. Like the old saying “what does a 600hp Supra and a 1300hp Supra have in common?†they are both 11 second cars.

People are getting so sucked up in numbers that it’s becoming ridiculous. If your only concern is HP numbers long tubes are not for you. Just get you a 600 shot of nitrous and be done with it, until the engine blows. But if you really know what the advantages are of having long tubes vs shorty headers or manifolds then paying this price for a set of long tubes is well worth it.